Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 12:20 AM

4 posts, read 12,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by political genius View Post
It use to be that the blond blue eyed women were considered the perfect ideal of beauty. But here in the Washington DC area, I see very few blonds anymore. In fact most women here have dark hair and darker skin. With all the talk about the glories of ethnic diversity, I am afraid just being White is considered out of date. Being multi racial is in, white is out. And with that thinking being blond haired and blue eyed is so 20th Century! Agree?
Well in Washington DC in pretty sure whites are minority. Blondes are a small minorty of the overall world population about 3%.
Disappearing blonde gene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think people think about whites often as being all the same ethnic group when really there are a whole bunch of ethnic groups. Blonde hair is only present in persons carrying genes from that particular ehtnic group. The group is Y-haplogroup r1a. Today most white are a mix of r1a and r1b That's why there are people with colored eyes and dark hair and dark eyes with fair hair. They are actually mixed ethnicity. The blonde gene isn't bread out really but it is less dominant so if one of the parents has dark hair and one blonde your chances are the kid will or will not be blonde. You can have a grandparent who is blonde and have blonde hair.

But if you get to many gernations down the road with no r1a ancestry you won't have blonde hair anymore. The major threat to blondes is interacial breeding. There are many areas of the world where interacial breading has caused the virtual extinction of various ethnic groups. Fair haired whites are rare in india, west asia, north africa, and most areas of the middle east but many people who live in those have some ancestry that is R1a. But that is from about 700-4,500 years ago.

There are more recent examples that I will not post because it just isn't PC.

It seems like this thread is really a plug for interacial dating. It's funny how people talk about respecting diversity but when it come down to it they really are just out to make a buck from interracial dating sites even at the cost that might be the extinction of minority ethnic groups.

But to address the question shorty. It is probably cooler than ever to be blonde haired and blue eyed. It's cool not because of the color of hair and eyes but because of the accomplishment of those people past and present.

I think accomplishment is pretty good way judge coolness don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 07:01 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,899,308 times
I'm a natural blonde with blue (and green, my eyes are green rimmed with blue) eyes, and we are definitely in the minority. But my look has worked for me.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
There is no one ideal. Everyone has their own individual ideal.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:47 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
Well, you can dye your hair and wear contacts if you want to be a blue eyed blonde!

Old 01-18-2009, 08:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
and you know if you say it long and hard enough, whoppie goldberg will be the new trophy girl.
you just gota keep at it. (i admit she is cute but we are talking trophy girls no?)

Old 01-18-2009, 09:17 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,333 times
Once Some guy told me that people with dark hair and light eyes were gentic freaks visa versa on light hair and dark eyes, oh well. I allways thought brown eyes were very pretty the same with green, and hazel I guess we allways like what we do not have

Old 01-19-2009, 08:52 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,333 times
By the way I have brown hair and blue eyes, fig it was his way of saying I was unattractive. the things you here when you wait tables.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:54 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
Well, when I was younger I looked a lot like Penelope Cruz and I sure didn't lack for male attention. I think exquisite beauties exist in all races and nationalities. But I think light-eyed blondes will always catch mens' attention first. (You guys out there, I'd love to see a 'yay' or 'nay' to this.)

Old 01-19-2009, 02:08 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
It depends on various factors. Some girls are beautiful as blondes, while others should never think about becoming blonde (maybe because of skin tone/color, eye color, hair condition, etc.). But I think that men have been finding more and more brunettes attractive lately.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:53 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
I find this thread disturbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care