Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 09:05 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,158,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
If you do this, make sure to take a clipping from the root to the tip (from the underside of your hair in back) in order to see how your hair will look over all. If you just use a little piece from the ends, you can get a false sense of reality since your hair can grab color differently on various places on your head.
When I do a test strand, I usually foil an entire strand of hair *instead of clipping* to see how the scalp reacts as well. I choose one that is easily reached *right in front*. If it looks bad, all I've got is a single streak that can be easily done over in a day or two.

All you really need to foil a test strand is a piece of aluminum foil from the kitchen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 01:16 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,546,589 times
she is now multi-colored..so a test strand in one spot will not show her how the finished product will look...It might tell her how her scalp will react...But a test strand by her nape will not reflect how the color will look on her sides,,,where it is purple.

She needs to go to a pro to get a real color fix done.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:16 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,701,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattybug View Post
I went from a dyed black to blond
When blonding, hair could only go to the orange stage...so I put a blond toner on that....yikes Went to an unpresentable orange....
Sooo, I thought by then coloring it to black, this would be a quick fix...
Now, I have a greenish yellow tint to hair, and in front of face at the side burns, it went to a purpleish color........
How do I correct this problem ??
Very Upsetting !!!!!!! GRRRRRRRR

ha ha ha ...I'm sorry, but this is so funny, you just made my day...

Old 01-17-2009, 05:44 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,158,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
she is now multi-colored..so a test strand in one spot will not show her how the finished product will look...It might tell her how her scalp will react...But a test strand by her nape will not reflect how the color will look on her sides,,,where it is purple.

She needs to go to a pro to get a real color fix done.
The test strand remark was directed to the person who was worried about how lightening her dark brown hair to a light brown hair would turn out. It was not directed at the original poster with the green-yellow and purple nightmare.

For the original poster, getting it professionally fixed is one of the only ways to go. For messing up this badly, there's an obvious mix of different bases - so different fillers will have to be used. Again, those capable of doing it themselves *correctly* are few and far between outside of salons.

Though, for somebody without much money to burn on correction, as it can be extremely costly - there's always beauty schools and somebody there *under guidance of a professional* who needs to learn or become more fluid in the art of color correction.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:58 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,546,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
The test strand remark was directed to the person who was worried about how lightening her dark brown hair to a light brown hair would turn out. It was not directed at the original poster with the green-yellow and purple nightmare.

For the original poster, getting it professionally fixed is one of the only ways to go. For messing up this badly, there's an obvious mix of different bases - so different fillers will have to be used. Again, those capable of doing it themselves *correctly* are few and far between outside of salons.

Though, for somebody without much money to burn on correction, as it can be extremely costly - there's always beauty schools and somebody there *under guidance of a professional* who needs to learn or become more fluid in the art of color correction.

OH...I'm sorry. I thought you were refering to the OP doing a test strand...I agree with you..definitly time to hit a salon for repair...or a beauty school with much guidance from an instructor there!

Old 01-20-2009, 11:21 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,237,449 times
So whatever happened?

Old 01-20-2009, 12:07 PM

323 posts, read 787,607 times
I used that Color Oops! stuff.. It actually worked but my hair smelled like fart for a few days.. And then once in a while it had the fart-smell for like 2 months lol.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 932 times
If you have dark brown hair, and you wanted to die it a lighter shade of brown before going blonde, could you do that on your own or is that a bad idea also. I was wondering cuz I already have blonde hi-lights in my hair so I didnt know if this would effect me dying it a lighter shade of brown before blonde.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care