Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 05:11 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,022,976 times

Advertisements

My personal experience has been that despite my understanding, a lot of men like a little hair on their women's legs. Of course I'm sure it differs from man to man however I thought I'd get some of the opinions from the men on this board!

Last edited by Bjones1976; 02-14-2009 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: cuz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 05:22 PM

291 posts, read 1,075,099 times
I did have a male friend who asked his GF to stop shaving her legs (this was a few years ago) because he saw it as a ridiculous tool of male oppression and wanted his GF to be "free." She was cool with that. He was cool with that. They were both happy. Until she wigged out and drove her car into a post office. Lol. I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with hairy legs or male oppression.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:30 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Riley View Post
Until she wigged out and drove her car into a post office. Lol.

-----

Well, showing an unattractive woman with hair on her legs isn't making much case for it.
Unfortunately, the beauty ideals for women require more "maintenance". As much as I'd like to defy hair removal, cuz it's a PAIN, I have to admit I am affected by the standards and prefer shaven legs on myself & other women.
As for what men like, well, I'm going to guess most are influenced by the current standards as well.

When people imply that leg hair is gross on a woman, well, that is kind of ridiculous. It may not look the best, but there's nothing grotesque about it.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:57 AM

285 posts, read 927,407 times
In my own opinion, I think hairless bodies are hot! Smooth and sexy is the view of perfection....to me.

Now, I refuse to become judgemental if I happen to see a lady that has hair on her legs or where ever. We are who we are, honestly the sexiest thing of a woman is her personality.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:30 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,739,740 times
I think most guys are less concerned with hair on a woman than women are themselves. Whereas I will notice if my legs are even a little stubbly, my husband, and boyfriends in the past, really couldn't care less. My husband like it if I'm smooth, but thinks it's crazy how much time/money women spend on hair removal. Also, it's not uncommon for women from a lot of European cultures to either not shave their legs or only shave from the knee down, so a lot of men are more used to this.

I have met guys that are insanely concerned/picky about hair on women... they expect everything to be smooth all the time... in general, this attitude sorta creeps me out. Makes me think they really are looking for a prepubescent girl.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:26 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,187,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
I have met guys that are insanely concerned/picky about hair on women... they expect everything to be smooth all the time... in general, this attitude sorta creeps me out. Makes me think they really are looking for a prepubescent girl.
Agreed. OR perhaps a bit OCD. Pulling hairs off of our bodies is a little neurotic at the very least.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:13 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,215,272 times
In discussions with men I get the strong impression that they do not like hair on women - they make fun of hair on women. Generally I think a good percentage of men fall in with liking women that
"take care of themselves" "don't let themselves go". I.e. they don't necessarily like painted toenails or maybe have that big an issue with a little hair here and there - but it represents something about a woman.
A woman who takes the trouble to shave, wax, paint her toenails. They like that she's not letting herself go, that she likes being a woman, likes doing something to please a man - its a whole package.

I second what Braunwyn said too. I've worked with men who are disgusted by hair on women and I've had the same thoughts. I worked with a guy who was really into petite women - that makes me wonder - some petite women look like little boys.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:22 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,739,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
In discussions with men I get the strong impression that they do not like hair on women - they make fun of hair on women. Generally I think a good percentage of men fall in with liking women that
"take care of themselves" "don't let themselves go". I.e. they don't necessarily like painted toenails or maybe have that big an issue with a little hair here and there - but it represents something about a woman.
A woman who takes the trouble to shave, wax, paint her toenails. They like that she's not letting herself go, that she likes being a woman, likes doing something to please a man - its a whole package.
Oh wow, I am SO glad I didn't land myself one of those men, lol! The day that ripping out my pubes with hot wax makes me feel like a woman, and I enjoy it because it's pleasing my man...

Most of the girls I know that don't shave/wax haven't really "let themselves go" most of them are in amazing shape and very beautiful, they just don't partake in that particular lifestyle. Unfortunately I know that many men have particular standards that they want in a woman as far as beauty rituals go... usually I find those men are very concerned with what their male friends think. So the girl gets waxed to impress the boyfriend, who really just wants to impress his friends by having a high-maintainance girlfriend.

(btw-- I'm not against waxing/shaving although it probably sounds like that... I just think it's strange that so many of us do it!)

Old 02-15-2009, 07:49 PM

Showing the woman in the picture was more to point out the fact that her husband, clearly had no problem showing her love WITH the hair on her legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post

Well, showing an unattractive woman with hair on her legs isn't making much case for it.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:52 PM

OMG! What did he do to her?
You know what they say, "Behind a crazy woman is a man who made her that way"!

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Riley View Post
They were both happy. Until she wigged out and drove her car into a post office. Lol. I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with hairy legs or male oppression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care