Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 14,098 times

Advertisements

I have never used Wen, but use Hair One from Sally. It really does help when I over process my highlighted hair. Once my hair fells healthy again, sometimes i go back to using all natural shampoo and conditioner. I really love the Giovanni Brand all natural products. Their reconstructive conditioners and moisture shampoos are the best! They look like salon type hair products, but do not contain any artificial ingredients and are more natural than Nature's Gate, etc. They do not dry out my hair and I cannot get myself to go back to "regular" shampoo. The protein conditioner is by far the best reconstructive conditioner that I have used - and I have used so many! I purchase them at Drugstore.com or Mrs. Greens Natural market. Thanks for the help here - I just saw an infomercial for Wen and was debating about trying it, but I think I will stick to Hair One for now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 07:58 PM

2 posts, read 26,271 times
I have used Wen and was not crazy about it. I've been using Hair One for 6 months and love the product. My hair is thick and curly and Hair One works wonders on my hair. I recommended the product to my friend who has normal hair and she too loves it. I've tried almost every product on the market and Hair One is by far the best thus far. Someone wrote that it contains antibacterial products. I do not think that info is accurate.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:01 PM

2 posts, read 26,271 times
your info regarding antibacterial is not correct.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 12,360 times
I use both. Today, I used Hair One Tea Tree on my scalp and Wen Sweet Almond Mint on my ends. I wouldn't agree that they are the same though. The hair one is not as moisturizing and is harder to comb through. I switch them back and forth. When I use Hair One, I use a moisturizer after the conditioning cleanser. When I use Wen, I don't have to use anything else. I use the Wen oil on my ends. My hair is 100% improved. I'm never going back to regular shampoo.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:09 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,632,650 times
If you want more moisture from Hair One, choose the Olive Oil formula. I used it over the winter and found it be great at moisturizing without weighing my hair down. It was also almost as gentle on my color as the jojoba version was. Now that spring is here I may try the one for "normal" hair next.

I must say that I wish Wen wasn't so expensive, I'd love to try it just because the scents sound really delicious. You hear me, Chaz? It's time for price reduction!

Old 04-10-2010, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 12,432 times
Default It works pretty good.

I use both, WEN lavendar, and Hair One for color treated hair. Both have great qualities......The WEN is my favorite, because it leaves my hair softer, no tangles or split ends.(With Hair One use, I have tangles.) ....But the cost of WEN is sooooo high,.... So, let's face it.....if they stopped making WEN today, I would rush to the store and stock up on Hair One....because I am never going back to shampooing my hair! BOTTOM LINE.....which ever you use, WEN or Hair One, you have made the right decision for your hair.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:20 AM

4 posts, read 47,315 times
damn if i could only try at least ONE of them. on ebay the cost of postage for either is so high I might as well go to the official WEN site and buy the entire kit for close to the same cost *shrugs*

Old 04-18-2010, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 12,237 times
I have not used WEN, but had been considering it until took a really good look at their ingredient list. It's not as good as it advertises. It contains Methylchloroisothiazolinone, an anti-bacterial and skin irritant, which has been removed from most cosmetic products. It also contains Methylisothiazolinone, a powerful biocide and preservative which was recently discovered to be a neurotoxin.

So, in a panic, I grab my bottle of Hair One because they are supposed to have the exact same ingredients. This is not literal, they don't when it comes to the chemical makeup of each product. But I found that Hair One contains the preservative BHT, which is a known carcinogen - in particular, colon cancer. Recently diagnosed with the same, I'm going to toss my Hair One out.

So, what to use? I found Aubrey Organics, sulfate-free shampoos. Looking at the ingredients... lots of natural, organic products and no harmful chemicals. You can find them at Sprouts, Whole Foods Market and online. There are lots of other choices out there, not just Aubrey.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 PM

1 posts, read 12,162 times
I have wanted to try Wen but was not fond of trying it for the price asked..I found the Hair One at Sally's and bought the sample packets. I have colored treated hair (platinum blonde) and fell in love with Hair One, before I had to use a heavy conditioner and conditioning treatments plus a leave in conditioner just to get my hair manageable. With Hair one I have eliminated all those products, my hair is silky soft and looks great. I noticed a difference in just 2 washings with Hair One. There are different types of Hair One, for normal hair, dry hair and color treated hair. I definitely would recommend Hair One to anyone. Sulfate free shampoos are definitely the way to go!I just wish I had known about these shampoos sooner!

Old 04-29-2010, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 12,125 times
Default Wen vs. Hair One - HMMMM

I had never heard of Hair One until I got a sale flier in the mail from Sally Beauty today. I'm a die-hard Wen fan. I, too, am a product junkie and have a lot of Ojon products, too - often mixing and using Wen and an Ojon product together, but after the last Wen show on QVC, I decided to just use Wen alone for a while. I've loved the results. I also cancelled many of the auto-delivery Ojon orders I had with QVC. While it would be great to save $$ (I'm on auto delivery for many of the Wen products), I am skeptical. Plus, I find the Wen goes a long way, even though you have to use a lot of pumps per use. I also love all the other Wen products - Thickening Spray, Revitalizing Spray, Oils, Styling Creme. Maybe eventually I'll try the Hair One, but for now, I think I'll stick with my Wen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care