Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 08:58 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times

Advertisements

I think I need to change my brand of hair color. I'm using Loreal Feria and it looks great at first, but after two weeks my gray starts to show. Is there a brand that will last longer? Any suggestions for me???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 08:54 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,120,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I think I need to change my brand of hair color. I'm using Loreal Feria and it looks great at first, but after two weeks my gray starts to show. Is there a brand that will last longer? Any suggestions for me???
Is the color fading or are your roots showing after a week or so? When I colored my hair, I preferred Loreal Preference because it lasted the longest and resisted fading the best. But, my hair grows so fast that my roots would be showing after just one week so I just gave it up completely.

I'm not totally happy going au natural, but after coloring for 35 years, it was time to stop.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:53 AM

814 posts, read 2,307,067 times
you can buy the powder mix color if you are just trying to cover grey. i know of a japanese brand called bigen which is ammonia free. you just mix a little with water to make a paste in a nonplastic bowl and apply for about ten minutes, in your case just to roots which is even faster and easier. it's permanent and will cover grey and/or color.

easy, efficient and is inexpensive. it's like around 4 or five dollars. the colors are basic though from light brown(light chestnut) variations to black.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
Is the color fading or are your roots showing after a week or so? When I colored my hair, I preferred Loreal Preference because it lasted the longest and resisted fading the best. But, my hair grows so fast that my roots would be showing after just one week so I just gave it up completely.

I'm not totally happy going au natural, but after coloring for 35 years, it was time to stop.
No the color is not fading, but the roots are showing up way too soon. I have been look at the Preference, I may try that. My hair grows very fast too, but I'm not giving it up

Old 04-07-2009, 12:36 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
I like the loreal preference myself and my niece uses it too and she is a beautician . she says she would pay someone to do it but with this lousy economy no one knows if they will have a job tommorow or not so she would rather save the money and put it towards her kids needs . but yeah preference is the stuff I use and I swear by it .

Old 04-07-2009, 01:46 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
I don't know what color your hair is but if you have a problem mainly with the roots, I would color my hair it's natural color and then highlight it with parts of the color you want instead of your whole head. It makes it last longer.
I haven't been able to find a color that last in the store. Going to the salon would be your best bet but that gets pricey.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:09 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,631,710 times
If the roots are showing but the color is not fading, that has nothing to do with the haircolor. You just need to color the roots more often, or change your style so that the roots are more hidden and not as obvious.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
If the roots are showing but the color is not fading, that has nothing to do with the haircolor. You just need to color the roots more often, or change your style so that the roots are more hidden and not as obvious.
But don't some hair colors keep the roots from showing faster better than others?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:05 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,631,710 times
Quote:
But don't some hair colors keep the roots from showing faster better than others?
How could it? When your roots grow in they are untouched by haircolor - your haircolor can't do anything about hair it hasn't colored.

What you could do is choose a lighter shade that doesn't contrast with the grey so much and thus would appear less obvious. This is why many older women go blonde after awhile.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:02 PM

814 posts, read 2,307,067 times
i told you the powder lasts a long time. you just mix the amount you want and put it on the roots, takes no longer than 10 minutes. it also isn't strong like most hair colorants and so is not a major ordeal. you are trying to color the roots and want an easy and inexpensive and realistic solution, right?

unless you want to pay for a whole bottle of color just for your roots or they do have root touchup kits but you'll have to buy a new one every month or so or however fast your roots show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care