Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 05:48 PM

110 posts, read 58,740 times

Advertisements

I have real long hair down to my waist but I have worn it in a bun for 15 years.I have a very active job were I'm always running and moving. I need a change does anyone have a suggestion?
Attached Thumbnails
I need a new hair do-img000002.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 09:05 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,811 times
Just get a blunt cut a little longer than shoulder length - dont cut it too short at first - give yourself time to get used to it.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:02 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Also give yourself some bangs or sideswept bangs.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:32 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Something that is long enough that you can pull back and bangs long enough you can bobby pin or barrette them on the side. If you are used to being "bunned" it will drive you nuts to have things swinging in your face.

Donate your hair to locks of love!
Locks of Love: Donate Your Ponytail

I like Margaret Cho's cut here:

Hairstyles Gallery - HairBoutique.com

Old 02-22-2009, 06:59 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
If you never wear it down, why keep it? If it's thick, get it layered. If it's thin and straggly, get it cut! Just because hair is long, doesn't mean it looks good! It has to look healthy for long hair to be attractive.
And Pitt transplant is right---if you're not used to loose hair, it WILL drive you nuts, at least, until you get used to it!

Old 02-24-2009, 12:17 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,158,957 times
I agree with getting a blunt cut...maybe to your shoulders. You can always add a bit of layering and a bang. These cuts are very easy to maintain.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:55 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
I used to donate my hair to Locks of Love, but then someone told me that they don't give the wigs to those who need them - they sell them!! Is this true? I've probably given 6 feet of hair away to them over the years, thinking I was actually helping someone. I need to cut my hair again, as it's getting too long, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it this time...

Old 02-24-2009, 08:04 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
Sorry - as for the OP - it's hard to tell from the picture what sort of hair you have - straight, curly, thin, thick? You seem to have a round face, though, and I think a short hairstyle would look really good on you. Something super easy that you could just wash and go. I shaved my head years ago - after I had my second baby - and I LOVED it as it grew out. My hair had been down to my wasit for years and years, and then I just went into the bathroom and shaved it all off! It felt really great. Anyway - My favorite length as it was growing back out was when it was about two-inches long all over. It was just a short, shaggy, sexy "do". My hair is very thick and very straight, though. Not sure how old you are - but remember when Meg Ryan cut off all her hair and had that cute short haircut? It was like that but my hair in a cinnamon brown color. I think that would give you a really great update, but also be super easy to deal with on a daily basis.

Good luck! And also, just a funny note... I was working at a natural foods store at the time I shaved my head and as it was growing out people - customers at the store - would always ask me who my stylist was or where I got my hair done because they were trying to find someone who could do a cut like I had. LOL I would always get a kick out of their reaction when I would tell them what I had done, and that it was just growing out that way. Sometimes the back part got a little long so I'd hand my husband the scissors and ask him to trim it up back there (I could see to do it myself). I didn't want to endure a mullet while the top grew back out.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:46 AM

110 posts, read 58,740 times
I did it! I had it cut like Debrah Norville off Inside Edition. It turned out real good and have even had some complements. Thanks so much for all your help.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:19 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,270,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBeasley View Post
I did it! I had it cut like Debrah Norville off Inside Edition. It turned out real good and have even had some complements. Thanks so much for all your help.
Pics please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care