Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 05:32 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
I am from the 80's heavy metal era and loved guys with long hair. Not all guys can wear it though. But I do have to say when the trend went with shorter hair that looks good also. I am even liking some of the bald look, that is again if they can wear it.

Ooh, does that mean I'm easy
Yes it does.......haaaa, just kidding.

I like long, short, shaved doesn't matter as long as it's clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 05:38 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times
I don't care as long as it's clean and neat (back in a pony-tail instead of flopping all over the place!).

But I'm especially partial to clean, bald heads that shine. Yes, I'm looking for that man sporting the billiard ball look!

(Hey, someone had to say it...!)

Old 04-05-2007, 05:50 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,377,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Yes it does.......haaaa, just kidding.

I like long, short, shaved doesn't matter as long as it's clean.
Looks like someone else isn't picky either, heehe

Old 04-05-2007, 05:53 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,667,504 times
Quote:
I am from the 80's heavy metal era and loved guys with long hair. Not all guys can wear it though. But I do have to say when the trend went with shorter hair that looks good also. I am even liking some of the bald look, that is again if they can wear it.

When guys get a bit older, it gets harder for them to carry it off. I loved being a "ponytail guy" when I was younger. I grew it back when I was in my thirties. It lasted till I was...42? Then, one day, I looked in the mirror and realized that I had become another one of those aging hippie ragasses with a ratty ponytail, and off it came.

I recall one time, not long before that, I was in Berkeley, CA, walking down the street, and these two little twelve year old smartasses say to me, "How you doing....BROTHER!" and run away cracking up.

No, I didn't shake my fist at them and yell, "You stupid kids.!" But, when the little smart asses start finding you amusing, it's time to look for the scissors.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:57 PM

282 posts, read 1,263,882 times
Quote:

80's Hair Metal hair! That was awesome!!
Sebatian Bach
Jake E. Lee
CC DeVille
Richie Sambora had great locks at one point!

Old 04-05-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
When guys get a bit older, it gets harder for them to carry it off. I loved being a "ponytail guy" when I was younger. I grew it back when I was in my thirties. It lasted till I was...42? Then, one day, I looked in the mirror and realized that I had become another one of those aging hippie ragasses with a ratty ponytail, and off it came.

I recall one time, not long before that, I was in Berkeley, CA, walking down the street, and these two little twelve year old smartasses say to me, "How you doing....BROTHER!" and run away cracking up.

No, I didn't shake my fist at them and yell, "You stupid kids.!" But, when the little smart asses start finding you amusing, it's time to look for the scissors.
We all have to grow up sometime or at least get a job. But we all have those "back in the day" stories, some we share with our kids and most of them we don't

Old 04-05-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauri_25ny View Post
80's Hair Metal hair! That was awesome!!
Sebatian Bach
Jake E. Lee
CC DeVille
Richie Sambora had great locks at one point!
I really liked Skid Row, I was also into groups like Iron Maiden and Dio. Poison was a little too young for me.

The guys from Bon Jovi, Do they even age They all still look great, even though that was a little young (soft) for me those guys look better than they did in the 80's.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:15 PM

282 posts, read 1,263,882 times
Quote:
I really liked Skid Row, I was also into groups like Iron Maiden and Dio. Poison was a little too young for me.

The guys from Bon Jovi, Do they even age They all still look great, even though that was a little young (soft) for me those guys look better than they did in the 80's.
Ditto to Maiden and Dio. I was more the Ozzy, White Zombie, Black Sabbath, Anthrax person. Thrash Metal. I did like some of the other stuff, though. Poison I liked mainly because of CC. Awesome guitarist!

Man there wasn't a concert that I didn't hit in the 80's!

..........and all that hair flying around!

Old 04-05-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauri_25ny View Post

..........and all that hair flying around!
Or should you say "hair spray"!

Loved Queensriche, have an autographed album from them. Also, have a Fender Guitar signed by Black Sabbath.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:45 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
im very clean-cut with short hair, tho i dont mind guys with long hair, i really like seeing woman with long hair, dont see it much anymore.
ive worked around food most of my adult life, and couldnt have long hair (unless i had a hairnet)

woman with long hair are very attractive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care