Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 08:31 AM

199 posts, read 651,406 times

Advertisements

How do I take care of my oily limp hair? I think My hair is falling as well I wash my hair everyday and condition with Pantene and nothing much else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 10:01 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,182,612 times
Pantene can do that to people. It did it to me. I had to cut my hair short. It was really bad. I just went and got a cleansing shampoo to get all the pantene build up off and took biotin to help my hair grow back. I used baby shampoo and the Paul Mitchell's body building shampoo and conditioner afterwards and my hair is fine now.

But yeh..mine was falling out like crazy to the point where I wondered if I needed a cancer screening until I googled the hair loss from pantene. Google it. You are not alone.

It sucks too because pantene totally works great at first.(at least on me)

Old 06-03-2009, 11:19 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,530,360 times
First, I would buy a brand name baby shampoo and stop shampooing every day. See where that takes you. Sometimes shampooing everyday leads to more oil secreation. If you cont. to be oily with the reduced washings, go back to washing everyday just be sure to use a baby shampoo, or a balsam shampoo. No heavy detergent shampoos. You should get a professional product specific to your needs. Maybe use a clarifying shampoo every once in awhile as needed... As for conditioner, just apply a light conditioner to your ends. Spray conditioners tend to be lighter then bottle conditioners.

A good haircut can really bring life to your hair too.

Are you on any medications that could be causing this?

It is rare for hair to fall out from shampoo...not saying it has not happend but it is rare. There is probably another reason...Stress, medication...something.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:24 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,946,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
First, I would buy a brand name baby shampoo and stop shampooing every day. See where that takes you. Sometimes shampooing everyday leads to more oil secreation. If you cont. to be oily with the reduced washings, go back to washing everyday just be sure to use a baby shampoo, or a balsam shampoo. No heavy detergent shampoos. You should get a professional product specific to your needs. Maybe use a clarifying shampoo every once in awhile as needed... As for conditioner, just apply a light conditioner to your ends. Spray conditioners tend to be lighter then bottle conditioners.

A good haircut can really bring life to your hair too.

Are you on any medications that could be causing this?
Excellent points. Baby shampoo is awesome for hair.

Indie 05, if your hair continues to fall out, you might want to schedule an appointment with your doctor. There are certain medical conditions that can cause it, or it may be your hormones. There are things that can be done to slow it down or stop it if you act quickly. Good luck to you on this.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:29 AM

809 posts, read 3,558,373 times
If you brush your hair often, you may want to cut back. That causes more oil to be produced.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:06 PM

25,662 posts, read 21,825,826 times
Default Have You Tried?

Have you tried using a couple of tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice in a cup of water as a rinse? Wouldn't hurt as both get rid of build up.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:33 AM

16 posts, read 81,008 times
Any luck Indie05. Did anything work for you?
I never knew Pantene was so harmful.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:38 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,936,928 times
I can't use Pantene either! I thought it was just me. I went through a bunch of different brands of clarifying shampoos to "fix" what Pantene had done to my hair. I found the Tresemme clarifying shampoo worked really well for me. With one use, my hair was fluffy and full again and didn't look or feel oily and limp/flat. Since I have my hair professionally colored, I bit the bullet and bought the salon products for colored hair and use the Tresemme once a week to get rid of any buildup.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:50 AM

664 posts, read 1,941,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indie05 View Post
How do I take care of my oily limp hair? I think My hair is falling as well I wash my hair everyday and condition with Pantene and nothing much else.

Go get some better shampoo. They sell good knock offs at Sally Beauty if you don't want to spend a lot of $$$ They are more than like Walamrt Suave and Panteen but much better for your hair.
Then you need to by a "root booster". Sexy Hair has a good one. Spray it in your hair after washing while it's wet and blow dry. It will give your hair good body! It's all about product!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care