Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:28 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,330,912 times

Advertisements

I used it as a kid in the eighties! I had long hair and my cuz and I thought....hey let's frizz my hair out.

The smell was awesome.

However, my mom did not like me new frizzy do......

After that, I got a a nice short hair cut that I had been wanting so bad......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 09:01 AM

4 posts, read 14,533 times
i dont know how old this is but i had forgotten about GEE YOUR HAIR SMELLS TERRIFIC. anyway i bought some prell shampoo and i like it, also bought a travel size of pert 2n1 and i have to say it does not smell like it used to when i was younger back in the 80's,plus i dont care for 2n1 i had rather buy my shampoo and conditioner seperate. does anyone know where i could buy just the pert shampoo? and to those of you who grew up in the 80's do you think that the pert now smells like it did in the 80's?

Old 08-30-2010, 09:06 AM

4 posts, read 14,533 times
o my i did not know that about prell but i use it with a conditioner. i dont use it everyday, sometimes i just use conditioner i dont usually use any hair products such as hairspray.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:44 PM

221 posts, read 799,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flik_becky View Post
GASP! I'm so sorry to hear that!

When I was a teen, my mother was watching a talk show where they compared many different types of shampoo and condition, testing to see which was the worst with leaving residue on your hair and which was best. Panteen got last place and Suave got first. I always hated panteen because no matter how long I kept my hair under the water, it never seemed to rinse the conditioner out and left if feeling slimy until it was dry. That is when I learned why.
Really? I always read Pantene is horrible. It strips your hair. But I also read the same thing aboue Suave. Yet, every magazine I read Pantene is always the winner from reviewers In my experience, both stink and the only store brand shampoo.conditioner I can use is the Ever Pure line from Loreal.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 4,963 times
Thanks for saving me 30 dollars!!

Old 03-17-2011, 04:21 PM

2 posts, read 9,047 times
It made all of my hair fall out. I bought a bottle and now I am bald. This happend after only a few washes. Please don't use!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:26 AM

2 posts, read 9,047 times
I guess I should go into a bit more detail. I have really sensitive skin and really fine hair. After a few washes my hair literaly started to snap off and patches of hair started falling out. I immediately stoped using the shampoo and the hair loss continued until I lost most of my hair. It has been tramatic. The dermatologist says that there were most likely chemecials in the shampoo that killed the hair folical. I am not sure if it will come back. I am now wearing wigs. Please be careful.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:45 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,891,861 times
That Vermont Country Store version of Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific is not a match for the '70's original shampoo. Scent memory lasts forever, I bought it and it seems to be a cheap (but overly priced) facsimile.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,546 times
I purchased gee your hair smells terrific from Vermont country store. It smelled nothing like the original. It cost almost $40.00 to find this out. I still love Vermont country store but was disappointed in this product.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:27 PM

3,074 posts, read 8,030,540 times
that GYHST shampoo always seemed harsh to me; even back in the 70's. I tried one bottle and decided that back then. Used revlon s and c's, agree (which smelled great to me), etc. Now I use Suave S and C. I'm a guy really thick hair worn moderate length. Used to be short so I could avoid all though shampoos and conditioners, but the dry scalp got to be a real problem so I'm back into the 70s look and length ( little bit shorter) and shampoos. Prell and GYHST and Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo I all found a bit harsh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care