Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 07:49 AM

4 posts, read 25,467 times

Advertisements

To help get rid of the frizz and bad hair, if you're using products to style, first get one that heats to 450 degrees not 300 like the Babyliss irons, try using tourmaline hair dryers because the tourmaline actually works to help with frizz, use a leave in oil or treatment like MoroccanOil and then use products like Sebastian Shaper that are designed for heat and humidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 05:03 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
It isn't as humid here as it has been all summer, but, I had an awesome blow out and a flat iron on my hair and wow I love love it! I made it last two days and I got another blast of pumped up red in my hair. I'm going to get a blow out before any special occasion now

Old 09-01-2009, 07:21 AM

45 posts, read 73,947 times
Default another vote for "Shaper Plus" by Sebastian

I have frizzy, wavy hair (that won't form any nice looking pattern, unfortunately). After blow-drying straight-ish with a brush, I use a professional flat iron, then spray it with Sebastian's Shaper Plus. That product has been beyond fantastic! It holds up to Florida heat and humidity and my hair will last at least 2 days (that never happened before in my life). I have 6 cans of it in my linen closet plus the can I am using now! Isn't it wonderful when things work even better than you'd hoped?

Old 09-01-2009, 04:27 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,320,216 times
Does anyone have recommendations for fine hair that just falls flat with humidity??

Old 09-05-2009, 04:26 PM

I'm bumping this-what about good products for fine hair that fall totally flat with humidity?

Old 09-11-2009, 05:55 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
I don't know DKVA - mine is fine (although I have a good amount of it) - and it used to do the same as yours, it wasn't completely flat but I had either layers or a short buzz cut so it mostly always looked the same - now lately (like the last couple months) it has gotten wild! I am dealing w/thyroid issues so that might be it, but now that I'm getting more grays (nice shiny silver though) the grays are wavy and mine is straight - ACK.

I guess when you get older you can "hope" for thicker, wavy hair? LOL

Old 09-14-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I don't know DKVA - mine is fine (although I have a good amount of it) - and it used to do the same as yours, it wasn't completely flat but I had either layers or a short buzz cut so it mostly always looked the same - now lately (like the last couple months) it has gotten wild! I am dealing w/thyroid issues so that might be it, but now that I'm getting more grays (nice shiny silver though) the grays are wavy and mine is straight - ACK.

I guess when you get older you can "hope" for thicker, wavy hair? LOL
I also have grays but they are not wiry but fine.

But I did find a great hair spray that is not stiff but holds well in humidity-Sebastian reshaper. It's costly but works great for my fine hair.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:31 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
I also have grays but they are not wiry but fine.

But I did find a great hair spray that is not stiff but holds well in humidity-Sebastian reshaper. It's costly but works great for my fine hair.
I'll check that out - I had gotten John Frieda Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier, it SAYS it blocks humidity, etc. but doesn't do crapola against it except let my hair frizz up.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:14 PM

27,343 posts, read 27,395,534 times
Thats weird. When I was in TN recently, it was indeed humid, but I loved it because my hair was so soft, silky, my skin was always so soft, very little lotion needed, even with my 'construction workers hands'.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:56 PM

291 posts, read 1,075,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
the humidity in the summer wrecks my hair... it becomes very porous, which makes it appear horribly thick & even dry-looking... no conditioner I've tried has done any good... any suggestions?
If your hair is wavy or curly, Curly Hair Solutions 'Curl Keeper' is absolutely genius. It's a water/glycerin based solution that you apply to soaking wet hair and it keeps hair from soaking up the humidity in the atmosphere. I could not live without it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care