Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 09:10 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times

Advertisements

What are your favorite things or tips?

And how do you not just go "bahhhhhhh" and cut it.

I keep wanting too through those lengths that just look bad but have been pulling it back instead...SO HARD..

chopity wishes and grand length dreams...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 03:45 PM

324 posts, read 883,497 times
I'm growing my hair out right now too. make sure even though you're growing it out you still get regular trims so it still looks good and not overgrown.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:46 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,648 times
I grow my hair from short to long about every 5 years or so. Right now I am growing out a short style where the bangs were long and tucked behind my ears, and the back was spikey, sort of like that kate + 8 woman, but brunette with blond highlights.

I love styling hair, so I use each length and trim as an opportunity to wear styles I never could while long. For example, In growing out the spikey layers, I started pulling my bangs back in a clip with jewels on them straight back at the front and curling the spikes as they grew longer into a shaggy curl.

Once those back layers were down past my ears, I got my bangs/sides/and back cropped in a bob, and have one more hair cut in about 2 months before it is all one length at my chin.

Right now my back are very unruly, while the front is long and one layer. What I do is put small hot rollers in the back and sides, and just sweep the front in one side curl. If that looks silly, then I use my headbands, scarves, and even a few butterfly clips to add texture to my front pulled back while the back is curly.

The headband and scarf covers the length in the front so the attention is on the waves and curls in the back. Short hair above the neckline curled with a scarf as a headband is a nice fall/autumn look when you can match your scarf with your skirt and knee high boots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care