Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 06:05 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,930,296 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone. My hair is grabbing red right now so even when I choose ash shades, my hair still doesn't tends to look reddish. Think I'm going to try on some wigs to see what shade looks best. The browns have intrigued me--think I'll check those out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 06:16 PM

648 posts, read 3,089,331 times
i agree with the ash brown for your hair. the ash stops the red from creeping in that you often get with the golden browns.....go for the light ash brown. i would also recommend going to a dermatologist for your skin. there are treatments that can make a huge difference!

Old 09-10-2009, 06:05 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,093 times
What treatments are those? The things my dermatologist offered me were approved for reducing papules/pustules (which I don't get) but did nothing for generalized redness.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:50 PM

648 posts, read 3,089,331 times
ask your dermatologist about Prascion Cleanser. it really calms my sensitive reactive skin and evened out my skin tone.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:45 PM

672 posts, read 2,112,830 times
I am a little ruddy and freckled-faced redhead. I've had success toning down the red on my cheeks, nose and chin with foundation from Just for Redheads Beauty Products Redhead Cosmetics Redhead Beauty Products I use the oil free matte and it's not heavy.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 5,094 times
I cannot believe the number of suggestions for ASH-Y hair colors. Both my sister and I have 'ruddy' skin (very pale,white and reddish that just DOESN'T look 'pinkish' AT ALL). My sister ALWAYS dyes her hair some ash blond shade, and her face literally GLOWS bright red from the contrast. When I started dying my hair, I went straight for the reddish blonde shades, and I have had many, many compliments on how natural it looks. It's like lipstick - if your teeth have even the most minute tinge of yellow, a blue-red is going to contrast so badly, you'll look absolutely ghoulish - you SHOULD stick with anything slightly orange/peach/(unblue)coral. You WANT to emphasize the difference between your lip color & teeth, by using the lipstick to 'win' the yellow contest, the same way you WANT your hair to 'win' the red contest with your face. It forces the mind to 'see' the 'other' color (in your teeth, or skin). Stay AWAY from those funky purple/magenta/mulberry/wine shades, tho, because the blue in them will totally override the red, and you might as well wear glow-in-the-dark red make-up. If you don't believe me, visit your local wig shop, and see for yourself.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,930,296 times
I ended up trying a demi brown color--I went with a light ash brown and it is very boring. I think part of that is that I'm not a big fan of demi's anyway. I can never achieve the richness and coverage of permanent. My skin is doing much better now so I'm probably going to go a little lighter and add highlights.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:31 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,996 times
Interesting comment about yellowish teeth and lipstick...there are actually cosmetic lines that sell the idea that you should use a more blue undertoned lipstick to offset the yellow in the teeth. Clinique is one of them.

But I agree with you completely, whenever I put on a blue undertone lipstick, it looks like it's jumping off my face...I always have to go back to peaches (although hard to find) or neutrals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care