Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,271 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I'm new here and very new to the whole weave thing. I just got a weave put in over the weekend and I'm already debating getting it down by someone else, I know its money gone but I'd much rather have great looking hair than keep the one I have in just so I can 'get my monies worth' you know? I have a TON of questions and I pray that you all can help! First, I went to a salon and got it done and the person who did it didn't do it terribly, its just little things that are starting to bug me about it... When she was done, she hot combed the hair on top that I requested to be left out, but it didn't lay completely flat (by the way, I can't even let the part that she left out move b/c is I were to do anything to it but pull it back, the 2 front tracks show) and she said that I'll have to put a silk scarf on it to make it lay down. so I walked out of there with my real hair kind of raised! I guess she didn't know what to do with it but honestly, I've seen great weaves where the top isn't noticiable, I don't want to have to hot comb or put on a headband everday to cover the top you know? What 'technique' should I ask for when I go get it re-done? Also, she did the braiding style where there are a bunch of u-shaped I believe, cornrows around my head. Is that a good cornrow style for weaving? Whats the difference between straight back (which my sister has and says her stylist thinks its the best) and the big circle around the head and the mini u-shaped half circles?? Also, my hair is several different colors, so I got Yaki Hair (r.s.v.p. I believe is the brand) that closely as possible ressembled my actual color, but I got straight instead of wavy which is kind of another issue since it doesn't blend completely with my real hair, the women who did my hair did tell me though that she doesn't know about the hair, which I know that usually, hair stylers/weavers know about the different types of hair. I chose the yaki style (it is a style right? : P) because I wanted it to closely match African-American hair, and I read that thats what it does. The bags, which I only got 2 of cost $33 a bag. Is that lower end? I'm so confussed!! What hair should I get and should I buy wavy next time? I have 2 pics of myself, both me with my first weave, so you can get an idea of what I mean by ALL the above : P Thank you SO MUCH for all the advice in advance.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care