Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 10:51 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,716,319 times

Advertisements

I just picked up a bunch of elastic headbands from scunci:

Buy Scunci Headwraps with No-Slip Grip, Black Online at drugstore.com

I have been trying to figure out how to skip blow drying without frizzing.

Those + organix argan oil leave in = success!

I kinda stack them with spaces in between. Tons of people wear than that way but after mine dries I take it out and run my fingers through and have huge waves that don't have hard dents like some bands and holders can create. Its keeps it from look flat too. A soon as humidity hits my hair becomes bigger but in a good way without frizz.

The organix argan shampoo is still working out great. I am able to shampoo my hair 1-2 times a week not instead of EVERYDAY. It must of balanced out my scalp. If the AC is running I do have to use the oil 2x a day though. But AC always killed my hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 03:12 PM

285 posts, read 869,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I just picked up a bunch of elastic headbands from scunci:

Buy Scunci Headwraps with No-Slip Grip, Black Online at drugstore.com

I have been trying to figure out how to skip blow drying without frizzing.

Those + organix argan oil leave in = success!

I kinda stack them with spaces in between. Tons of people wear than that way but after mine dries I take it out and run my fingers through and have huge waves that don't have hard dents like some bands and holders can create. Its keeps it from look flat too. A soon as humidity hits my hair becomes bigger but in a good way without frizz.

The organix argan shampoo is still working out great. I am able to shampoo my hair 1-2 times a week not instead of EVERYDAY. It must of balanced out my scalp. If the AC is running I do have to use the oil 2x a day though. But AC always killed my hair.

I squeeze out the excess water and let it hair dry. I have a special towel from curlease and this works well also but so do paper towels. Either way, I do not swoosh the towel back and forth making a mess of my curls. Close your eyes and visualize women on tv stepping out of the shower rubbing their hair with a terrycloth towel to get the water out. Can you see it in your mind? Yeah, don't do that...lol.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:09 PM

348 posts, read 850,261 times
I have thick, curly, and dry hair (I am caucasian .... not sure how I got this hair). Anyway, growing it long has helped, as I tend to get the Rosanne Rosannadanna look. Aside from using the Paul Mitchell Wild Ginger Awapuhi shampoo and conditioner, I make sure I wring out as much water as possible, spray on Deva Curl's Set It Free, and then run Batia and Aleeza's gel through my hair. I absolutely cannot use a blow dryer as it makes my hair hard and immobile. I do not mess with using elastics, combs, or barrettes to set my hair while it dries. It might look better, but, I just don't have that kind of patience.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:28 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,607,699 times
I used to put a curling gel on my hair when it was almost sopping wet -- I just blotted a minimal amount of water out so it wasn't actually dripping. Combed that through with a wet hair comb, clipped up the top half of my hair and on the lower section then lifted a lock of hair about 1" square at the root and twirled it around my index finger 5-8 times and moved on until I had twirled all of that hair, then let the clip down and twirled the upper layer of hair the same way. I tried not to touch it while it dried after that, and when I was done, I had semi-controlled ringlets all over.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:38 PM

138 posts, read 269,856 times
I have long thick curly hair. I never blow dry it. After my night shower (right before bed) I put it is a bun (messy, I dont comb out my hair) and go to bed with it damp like that. In the morning it is soft (from not blowdrying it and using redken so soft). It is awesome. But then lots of times I will go and straighten it, lol.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:21 PM

183 posts, read 264,790 times
Never blow out curly hair. It's damaging. Try the techniques at ouidad.com.....they show you how to curl your hair with your fingers and have it turn out looking simply stunning. Another thing, do not wash your hair often. Once or twice a week is enough. You can wet it between or even condition it, but washing is drying and damaging to natural curls.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:39 AM

574 posts, read 1,065,305 times
If you want to air dry your curly hair and avoid it frizzing and getting bigger, condition well, use a smoothing serum, comb through and either scrunch your hair to get the curl set or just leave it. The more you mess with it while drying, to frizzier and bigger your hair will get. Try not to touch it once you comb through the smoothing serum or whatever leave in product you use. Of course you can always use a diffuser to speed up the drying time but try not to over due it. FYI...try not to towel dry hair vigorously as that adds breakage to the hair shaft. Just squeeze out the water with the towel and if you have time, leave the towel wrapped around your head as you put you face on, then blow dry or air dry.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:54 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,549,432 times
This product will temporarily make you look either like a grandma or like you are on the set of Little House on the Prairie, but if you have long hair that is prone to frizz, I would highly recommend it.

Its a satin sleep cap. (the brand I linked has elastic and a tie at the back so it won't come off during the middle of the night)

With my wavy-bordering-on-curly-but-very-frizzy hair, I wash it at night and put some smoothing products in it. I LOVE Tigi S-Factor Smoothing Lusterizer - probably one of the best leave-in conditioning/smoothing products I've used. Its pricey- so search around on-line for the best price (the one I linked on amazon has the most reviews, but other sellers on amazon sell the same product for cheaper). It also smells yummy.

Anyway, I let it air dry and maybe blow dry just a bit so its mostly dry at bed time.

Then, I put it in the sleep cap.

In the morning, my hair will be very smooth/shiny, no frizz, with some wave to it.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:27 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
My secret is light oil. I apply oil halfway down the length on my hair. As you continuously comb/brush your hair, you will distribute the oil, while de-frizzing and straightening your hair. Play this this on a weekend, so the oil has a chance to seep into your hair. The more oil and the more brushing, the straighter your hair. At night, I always sleep with my hair in a pony tail.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:24 PM

240 posts, read 420,465 times
If I'm not going anywhere or leaving the house for the day, I'll let my hair air dry naturally (just soak up the excess water/moisture after I get out of the shower with a towel and wrap my hair in the towel for 5-10 minutes. Then I put in a leave-in conditioner for the rest of the day).

If I'm leaving the house for the day to do things or go do something fun, I'll blowdry it (I let it wrap in the towel for 10 minutes and then put a small amount of mousse in. Then blowdry. Then style).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care