Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 09:08 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,297 times

Advertisements

I wanted to start this thread for people who love their natural hair or atleast embrassing your natural hair.

I love my naturally curly hair and wanted to start a thread and share with others.

We can post links and other sites that might be helpful and encouraging. If you hate your hair, please don't come here to try to discourage others. If you hate your hair, but would like some tips or atleast just want to talk about your struggles with your hair, that is ok.

I just don't want others who hate, or refuse to embrace their natural hair and come here to discourage others on their journey. I will ask the Mod's to delete your post. If you would like to DM me that is fine or just a message.

As an African American women our hair is our Glory and our hair is beautiful. I am on this awesome journey and wished I never put a perm in my hair in the first place.

I had beautiful long natural hair, but as a girl in high school society told us our hair was bad and nappy and straight hair was the best. But we know that was and is a lie. Society tried to make us think that we were less than well you know, but that is not the issue, we are talking about our beautiful hair.

So, ladies feel free to talk and share.

OH, men if you would like to come here and discuss feel freeeeee, this is not just for ladies. I would like to hear your opinions also.

If you don't have pictures that is ok..............................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 09:11 PM

Ok, I will start first.

This is a site that I joined and I like it Nappturality.com | Black African American Natural Hair Resource

Old 01-18-2010, 02:33 PM

Geeeze, are there not any women who love their natural hair? I know I am not the only one.... LOL, maybe so.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:28 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Well I love it. Yours and mine. Mines not that curly but wow....You have some super thick hair! It looks so healthy too! Did you always go natural or did you braid it down etc? How long does it get if you pick it out and up all 70's poofy?

Old 01-19-2010, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Well I love it. Yours and mine. Mines not that curly but wow....You have some super thick hair! It looks so healthy too! Did you always go natural or did you braid it down etc? How long does it get if you pick it out and up all 70's poofy?
Well, I was natural until I hit high school and then put a perm in my hair, big mistake. I hair use to reach to the middle of my back, but I am now growing it out... NO, I don't have to braid my hair down, I just have curly hair. I have cut my hair so many times that I can't really remember. So, I am going to grow my hair out.

Well, if I want the afro look, I pick my curls out to get the afro look without the curls. But I mostly just rinse my hair everyday with water and use a little bit of cream and my curls just pop.

Thank you for the nice comment. I was hoping to see others hair as well.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:09 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Oh, congratulations!

I am white and often thought black hair was just fine if the cut and products are right. Not that I know that much, but no woman should feel pressured to spend so much time with her hair as black women do. My friend just gets wigs. There are people making serious money by making women in general think we are not gorgeous just as we are.

I am so glad that you started this thread. I hope you'll get more responses. I think salons should start thinking your way and offer styling that leaves hair undamaged.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:09 PM

OH, come on ladies I know that there are some others out there that have pictures that they want to share!!!

Old 01-23-2010, 11:54 AM

I take it we don't have that many naturals here or others are not as excited as I am!

Old 01-24-2010, 02:31 PM

445 posts, read 1,071,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I take it we don't have that many naturals here or others are not as excited as I am!
Check out my profile pic, lol. (too lazy to upload to this forum)

Old 01-24-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscogeeButterfly View Post
Check out my profile pic, lol. (too lazy to upload to this forum)
I really should see your hair, but from what I can see it looks like you have really nice hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care