Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 AM

507 posts, read 2,296,850 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about a major change in hairstyle, and need to know what you think. My hair is in long layers, past my shoulders. The problem is that my hair needs some lift on the top, because it looks like it may be getting alittle thinner than it use to be, and is way too flat on top, unless I part it on the side. Most hairstyles of today is either parted in the middle, straight and long, or long layers. I was thinking about getting it cut into shorter layers and even layered shorter on the top to where I could curl it with a curling iron. The length would be shortened too to match up with the top. Is that hairstyle outdated, or do you think it would look ok? An example would be Joy Behar, on The View, except with a longer length. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 06:43 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,136 times
Hi there, was wondering if this would be a more contemporary version of the longer hair, shorter layers style you're going for? It looks like the style has some layers on top that could be curled for more texture on top:

http://www.aaa-fashion.com/wp-conten...hairstyle2.jpg

Old 02-03-2010, 06:58 PM

507 posts, read 2,296,850 times
I would love to see it. The site isn't coming up for me.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:44 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,136 times
Hmm... here's another photo of the same actress, at a different angle. Maybe that site is messed up? Either way, if you can't see it, google "jessica biel long hair shorter layers" and see if that works.

http://cdn.sheknows.com/celebsalon/2008/11/jessica-biel-layered-wavy-hairstyle-nov-08.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-05-2010, 01:03 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
Shorter hair will have more "lift", since it won't have the weight....and layers will make thinning hair look thicker, too.
There are products you can use to help volumize your hair....have you tried any?

Old 02-07-2010, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,784 times
Hello! I'm new here, I have curly hair-elusive, and I wanted to share with you my experience. For festive occasions, the best variant of the wet look, with a small hairpin that lovely shine of the hair, and again, `` firmly hold `` unruly hair. No wind, no, rain, no play will not spoil the look! for a more beautiful curl useful any `` `` wet and greasy product, and hairpin I tried various, but most have proved
[url]http://www.gladhair.com/hair-pins[/url]

Last edited by jelena1974; 02-07-2010 at 04:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care