Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 10:34 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,298,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Illinois 1 View Post
I love short hair on alot of women. It can be extremely sexy and set them apart from the crowd. Look at women like Morena Baccarin (Anna on "V") IMO she is the sexiest woman anywhere on either this planet or the one that she is supposed to come from. .
Uhh, sorry dude, but that girl is gross! I actually had a hard time watching the series because of her. I had to go back and watch the old with the sexy lady with her LONG hair! SHort hair for to me is typically for women who are too lazy to take care of it long. Even a woman throwing her hair in a ponytail with a rubber band is better than any well done short head of hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 03:29 PM

767 posts, read 2,062,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Uhh, sorry dude, but that girl is gross! I actually had a hard time watching the series because of her. I had to go back and watch the old with the sexy lady with her LONG hair! SHort hair for to me is typically for women who are too lazy to take care of it long. Even a woman throwing her hair in a ponytail with a rubber band is better than any well done short head of hair.
Yeah. I would put her right up there with other "gross" women like Halle Berry and Natalie Portman lol....

Old 02-19-2010, 06:49 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,298,864 times
Quote:
Yeah. I would put her right up there with other "gross" women like Halle Berry and Natalie Portman lol....
To be honest with you, Im not too big on Halle or Natlie Portman. Aside from the short hair, I dont care for the thin, meatless woman either. DOn't be fooled by the pics either, Im sure Halled Berry in person is not what you call stacked. Like I said B4, the girl from V is just bad

Old 02-19-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
To be honest with you, Im not too big on Halle or Natlie Portman. Aside from the short hair, I dont care for the thin, meatless woman either. DOn't be fooled by the pics either, Im sure Halled Berry in person is not what you call stacked. Like I said B4, the girl from V is just bad

We might not agree on the V girl or short haired girls in general. But I'm with you on the the thin, meatless stuff anyway. I don't like that either.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:41 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,671,664 times
Wow, I guess I'm one of lucky few who can wear a pixie & look better than with long hair.. This 'all girls with short hair look like crap' mentality gets pretty old. When a few of you start losing your hair in a few years (& that is statistically probable), don't whine because you feel women are less attracted to you. If you want to instantly dismiss a woman because of a hair stereotype you have, then turnabout is fair play.

Frankly, my husband was one of you "long hair only" guys until he met me And I found when I cut my hair short, I got hit on twice as much as when I did with longer hair so apparently the sentiment here isn't a true reflection of all the male society.

PS. the OP's pic is an awful one of Carey as she had just bleached it out (wrong color for her) & the styling is bad.

Last edited by PixiStix; 02-20-2010 at 08:07 AM..

Old 02-20-2010, 09:48 AM

606 posts, read 1,233,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
PS. the OP's pic is an awful one of Carey as she had just bleached it out (wrong color for her) & the styling is bad.
Agreed!!!

Old 02-20-2010, 09:54 AM

29,700 posts, read 34,246,140 times
Off topic, but I was watching some things I'd TIVOed from last week, including Mystery and Masterpiece Theater programs from PBS, and Carey Mulligan was in both of them. Like she's in the air or something.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:25 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,824,585 times
Quote:
I love short hair on alot of women. It can be extremely sexy and set them apart from the crowd. Look at women like Morena Baccarin (Anna on "V") IMO she is the sexiest woman anywhere on either this planet or the one that she is supposed to come from. Alot of other women like Alyssa Milano, Natalie Portman, Mariska Hargitay, and Janine Turner all were hottest with super short hair. I would also add Charlize Theron, Sharon Stone, and Wynona Ryder to this list too. I wish that more women would go for that look. Long hair is usually boring and plain.
Thanks, as I have always worn my hair short and am in one of my "should I grow it out" modes. I have always received compliments about my short hair, but sometimes, I think it is not as cute as long. So, I am going to cut this mess off again, as it is a pain in the butt to work with.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:31 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,878,280 times
I cannot imagine a straight man being attracted to a woman with very short boy-ish hair. Women look repulsive with boy-ishly short hair.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Thanks, as I have always worn my hair short and am in one of my "should I grow it out" modes. I have always received compliments about my short hair, but sometimes, I think it is not as cute as long. So, I am going to cut this mess off again, as it is a pain in the butt to work with.
Good for you! Regardless of what some people on this forum say, I think that short hair on women shows a certain level of class and confidence that is very attractive to alot of men. I'm not a hater of long hair on women and I am certainly not gay, but I can walk into virtually any social setting and 85 - 90% of the women have long hair. It seems like they all want to look alike. I'm not sure what ever happened to different and daring, even though that's exactly what alot of men are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care