Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 05:33 AM

1,477 posts, read 6,017,410 times

Advertisements

MS-13 did kind of skip Hampton Roads, I mean we have a small following at the beach but nothing real big........Charlotte NC is fast becoming the new gang capital for the East coast, they have a large MS-13 problem.... many say even larger then Northern Va which has been the east coast home base for MS-13 for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 05:56 AM

54 posts, read 108,761 times
Oh yeah. We are leaving Charlotte after about 14 years. We are relocating to Newport news.
I can testify to the growing MS-13 problem. Sure, we have always had a buch of wanna be's and penny thugs who think they are part of some west coast organization, or the HVK's etc, but most of these types are only moderately dangerous, and can't figure out wich side of their weapon the sights ae on.
Ms-13 however is on the rise in Charlotte. Tagging is up , as is expansion and claiming of territory. CMPD is mostly useless in stopping them. It hasnt become a big enough problem yet, as Charlotte is all "old money" controlled. They have yet to creep into areas where the influence lies, so the problem isnt really a problem yet.

Fortunately for the thugs, they never tied anything on me here in 14 years, other than a minor confrontation where one asked if I wanted to be shot. My response was to simply stare at him while revealing and placing my hand on my conceal. His response was to call me a crazy white boy and walk away. My guess is he nor his friends were even armed. Had they been MS13, I am quite certain things would have been different.

Frankly, the black gangs are mostly an annoyance to anyone who knows how to defend themselves. At least on the east coast. Latino types are a bit more organized. Gangs run and staffed by whites, as few as there are, are usually too busy infighting, and have little concern with the general public anyway. The only ones that REALLY concern me as a threat are the true organized asian gangs. Luckily, they are very thin here on the east coast.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM

3 posts, read 46,075 times
[FONT=Verdana]I'm from Chicago originally and I’ll be the first to tell you that concealed weapon permits work to lower crime rate. Chicago is plagued with gangs and crime! I think they had over 100 homicides since January of this year. These little punks know that most law biding citizens will not be armed in Chicago because the city has a gun ban (which is unconstitutional by the way) and they see them as easy victims. But in Hampton Roads with all the military which most have concealed weapon permits and a good amount of the citizens who have them as well make the prey base so much smaller and lessens the opportunity for punks to commit violent crime. I like VB and a shooting every once in awhile is going to happen but I figure as long as they are killing each other and not harming the working class Americans I say let them go at it. Hell it saves us money in the long run and puts the thugs in the ground and not in the cell where it costs us money. It gets old when it’s the same group of people acting like animals and causing ruckus. As for those little MS-13 rats that think they’re tuff in big groups well I’ll just put it this way…… I know first hand they aren’t tuff and are actually cowards when you catch them in small groups with some of your buddies. I ran up on a few of them tagging the side of a 7-eleven with some friends and well lets just say it’s hard to tagg with broken fingers. I’m used to dealing with these punks without the police and to tell you the truth if they just kept to themselves and fought each other I probably wouldn’t care about them. But they like to harass innocent people just walking by and well that’s just a no no with me. Every time I watch the news and see one dead from a shooting I just laugh, and think wow if we just let them go crazy for a week all our troubles might be solved!! Well I’m done ranting and I’ll let you guys comment on what I said.[/FONT]

Old 06-23-2010, 04:51 PM

3 posts, read 46,075 times
[FONT=Verdana]I'm from Chicago originally and I’ll be the first to tell you that concealed weapon permits work to lower crime rate. Chicago is plagued with gangs and crime! I think they had over 100 homicides since January of this year. These little punks know that most law biding citizens will not be armed in Chicago because the city has a gun ban (which is unconstitutional by the way) and they see them as easy victims. But in Hampton Roads with all the military which most have concealed weapon permits and a good amount of the citizens who have them as well make the prey base so much smaller and lessens the opportunity for punks to commit violent crime. I like VB and a shooting every once in awhile is going to happen but I figure as long as they are killing each other and not harming the working class Americans I say let them go at it. Hell it saves us money in the long run and puts the thugs in the ground and not in the cell where it costs us money. It gets old when it’s the same group of people acting like animals and causing ruckus. As for those little MS-13 rats that think they’re tuff in big groups well I’ll just put it this way…… I know first hand they aren’t tuff and are actually cowards when you catch them in small groups with some of your buddies. I ran up on a few of them tagging the side of a 7-eleven with some friends and well lets just say it’s hard to tagg with broken fingers. I’m used to dealing with these punks without the police and to tell you the truth if they just kept to themselves and fought each other I probably wouldn’t care about them. But they like to harass innocent people just walking by and well that’s just a no no with me. Every time I watch the news and see one dead from a shooting I just laugh, and think wow if we just let them go crazy for a week all our troubles might be solved!! Well I’m done ranting and I’ll let you guys comment on what I said.[/FONT]

Old 06-30-2010, 12:21 PM

90 posts, read 288,124 times
Honestly, I know nothing of gangs in this country. I was born & raised in the UK, then moved to Colorado when I was 17 where I went to college. I never noticed any gang related activity in Colorado, unless you count the hippy gang. Lol. My husband who is in law enforcement here, keeps going on about all these different gang groups in the area...but I honestly am not even remotely interested in hereing about it.

To be frank, I think gangs are stupid & people should just stop being so.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:11 AM

6 posts, read 8,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwun804 View Post
man, i thought VB had an actual episode of gangland on history channel. i was about to start dyin laughin.

but no, actually mexican nd asian gangs in Vb are becoming more prominent than black gangs. not only latin kings nd ms-13 but other homegrown gangs, and filipino/hmong gangs.
History channel does have a program dubbed "the most dangerous gang in the world" and the biggest growth is in west Virginia. You would tyhink it would be LA.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:42 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,450,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado_Caroline View Post
Honestly, I know nothing of gangs in this country. I was born & raised in the UK, then moved to Colorado when I was 17 where I went to college. I never noticed any gang related activity in Colorado, unless you count the hippy gang. Lol. My husband who is in law enforcement here, keeps going on about all these different gang groups in the area...but I honestly am not even remotely interested in hereing about it.

To be frank, I think gangs are stupid & people should just stop being so.
Colorado has 110 gangs, 12,741 members, says CBI database

It's unfortunate, but no area is exempt to gangs or gang violance. When stationed in Denver back in the 80's, they warned us about gangs and protitution rings in the Colfax area. We seemed pretty limited where we could go without confrontation of sorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area