U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2010, 03:27 PM

17 posts, read 35,259 times

Advertisements

We currently live in Hampton and are looking at buying a house soon. We have not lived here very long and are not familiar with the different neighborhoods. What are some of the nicer neighborhood in the Hampton or Newport News area close to Langley AFB. Any input will be helpful.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 12:14 PM

24,910 posts, read 35,566,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinginva View Post
We currently live in Hampton and are looking at buying a house soon. We have not lived here very long and are not familiar with the different neighborhoods. What are some of the nicer neighborhood in the Hampton or Newport News area close to Langley AFB. Any input will be helpful.

Thanks!
I think you would like the Tide Mill Ln area which is extremely close to Langley. Also Semple Farm Rd is nice and very close to Langley.

Kiln Creek in Newport News is nice and not too much trouble to get to Langley.

Southern York County is nice but on the pricey side close to Langley.

Do you have kids who will need public schools?

Old 07-04-2010, 06:47 AM

36 posts, read 103,548 times
There are lots of great neighborhoods that would be close, but it would depend on the price range that you are looking in to narrow down a good fit. Kiln Creek has a whole range of prices - and there a lot of people who do commute to Langley from there. Just next to Kiln Creek is Village Green - it's an older neighborhood, but a great community. Michaels Woods in Hampton is nice too.
Go to realtor.com, and find some houses you might like in your price range and just drive around the neighborhoods and see what you might like.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:11 AM

37 posts, read 79,307 times
The Riverdale section is just outside the LaSalle gate-great neighborhood-take a drive down Charlton Drive which is the main drag-runs from Mercury Blvd to Tide Mill Lane. My parents live on Tanglewood Drive-which is on the other side of Riverdale proper-but a super nice middle class neighborhood too. Go down Marcella and take a right on Joan drive-that is the only way in and out of the negihborhood-which makes it great.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:09 PM

140 posts, read 490,600 times
The neighborhoods off of Foxhill Road in Hampton are very nice and convenient to Langley AFB. Can you provide just a little bit more information about what you need, such as whether or not schools are important, looking for a condo/townhouse or single-family detached home, price range, etc?

Old 07-05-2010, 03:25 PM

17 posts, read 35,259 times
Thank you all for your responses. School districts are not terribly important to us because we do not have kids.

We are trying to stay in the 200k range and are looking for a house (no condos or townhouses) since I like a nice yard.

Thanks!

Old 07-06-2010, 09:33 PM

62 posts, read 246,080 times
If you have to live in NN or Hampton I would look at Riverside in NN. Not sure what your going to find for 200k but you might be able to find something nice between 275-300k.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:00 AM

2 posts, read 2,917 times
I'm a single woman, 55, considering moving to the Virginia Beach, Hampton, etc. area. I want to rent for the first year, be safe, be able to shop, meet people, be as close to the ocean as possible. I also have a dog. Does anyone have any advice or information?

Old 03-25-2011, 07:53 PM

4 posts, read 5,557 times
Default Re: Gloria

Same here...except being 55 (I'm 40 with 1 child still at home come June).

I hear you have to pay a pet deposit and can only have 2 pets some places. I have three. And there are landlords that won't rent to people who smoke...what is with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area