U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2010, 12:05 AM

7 posts, read 16,757 times

Advertisements

This thread is for anyone that has questions or information to share about the "finer" things in Virginia Beach. From country clubs to nicer neighborhoods, all questions in this topic can be answered here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 04:18 PM

529 posts, read 1,113,223 times
im visiting this weekend. any suggestions for attractions/things to do?

Old 07-25-2010, 10:07 PM

7 posts, read 16,757 times
Try some of the nicer golf courses in the area. Heron's Ridge, Signature at West Neck, and VB National are all acceptable courses. Also try a deep sea fishing boat. I also recommend staying at any of the Marriot hotels or the Hilton on 31st street.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:41 PM

29 posts, read 87,417 times
El Azteca Mexican restaurant is the shiznit. Most convenient location for me is over by Pembroke Mall, on Constitution Dr.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:14 AM

6,513 posts, read 7,524,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time VB Golfer View Post
This thread is for anyone that has questions or information to share about the "finer" things in Virginia Beach. From country clubs to nicer neighborhoods, all questions in this topic can be answered here.
Personally I find T.J. Maxx on Virginia Beach Boulevard to offer the best deals. Only T.J. Maxx around here I routinely see $1,200 sweaters on sale for $400, or $300 for $100, or whatever. Best Polo Ralph Lauren and Purple Label you will find for the money, and other overpriced clothing.

Arguably, I think it is because they know people in that area can afford it. Also found some interesting D&G there last year on sale for $70. Didn't look or feel like anything special I can see why it was on sale someone got ripped off, but those sold quick of course.

Brooks Brothers in Town Center is good too. Not facing the main road, so you actually have to drive into Town Center to see it, but they have some good stuff in there.

Across from Town Center down the plaza from Panera there is a place selling yogurt that has a key lime I like. The other flavors I can do without, but that key lime is pretty good.

Finally, upstairs in the food court at Lynnhaven there is a place selling Chinese that's pretty good. I think it is called Mandarin Express.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>