U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 08:17 PM

359 posts, read 692,802 times

Advertisements

A no-show for 12 years, worker in Norfolk still paid | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com
Full text follows:
A no-show for 12 years, worker in Norfolk still paid

Quote:
A Community Services Board employee collected a salary with benefits for 12 years and never showed up for work, several City Council members said Wednesday.
Moderator cut: Copyright Violation

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 08-27-2010 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: Please only post snippets of articles.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 10:46 PM

3,841 posts, read 4,053,239 times
Wow....I just left the NCSB and have to say I'm very surprised; the NCSB is a very good organization so I really can't see how this happened.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:19 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,610,827 times
I am actually not that surprised that this is happened here. Seems to be a lot of crazy wierd things like this here in this area. Haven't figured out why...but it didn't blow DH and I's mind last night when we heard it on the news last night.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:37 PM

FIVE IN NORFOLK FIRED OR FORCED OUT OVER NO-SHOW WORKER

Four top Norfolk Community Service Board executives and an assistant who all knew a no-show employee was paid for 12 years were fired or forced to resign Friday as the agency turned over its findings to the FBI, state and city police and Virginia's inspector general.

Read the story here.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:59 PM

Brenda and Linda gone.

I was going to call Linda and let her know how things were going for me in Alaska.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 AM

Default Beach neighbors in heated dispute over sign

http://wtkr.com/2013/02/01/beach-neighbors-in-heated-dispute-over-sign/

I've missed a few but will endeavor to post when we make the big headlines.

Excerpt:
Virginia Beach, Va. – Everything seems picture perfect on Victor Road in the Hilltop Manor neighborhood of Virginia Beach, until you see the sign posted in Jeanine Wenger’s front yard that reads, “Parking reserved for the neighborhood A–hole only.”
“That’s a matter of first amendment rights,” said Jeanine Wenger’s husband Rich.
“That’s not freedom of speech. That’s just hate speech,” said Joanne, who asked NewsChannel 3 not to use her last name. She contacted NewsChannel 3 about the sign. She believes Wenger put it up after a dispute over where Joanne and her husband park the couple’s truck.

Yee-haw! It's feudin' time!

Last edited by D train outta nowhere; 02-05-2013 at 10:54 AM..

Old 02-07-2013, 06:05 PM

8,578 posts, read 6,411,243 times
After seeing that piece on the news, I'm so glad that we get along with our neighbors!

Old 04-30-2013, 03:47 PM

‘Beach week’ draws black crowd

To the recent poster that asked if we have racial problems: I don't believe we do. But we just suffered a major thug problem, and people are afraid to talk about it. 40,000 people invaded the city and raised hell. Shootings, stabbings everywhere. That's about the size of a Memorial Day crowd, why don't we suffer the same violence then? I'd almost go as far as to ask the follow-on rhetorical question,

"Wasn't the great uniter supposed to help fix this?"

I mean, he did speak at the Brandenburg Gate and all, he did come in town and eat at Rick's Cafe, he raises his nose whenever - never mind.

Rampant Crime at the Beach week needs to stay down in Myrtle.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:50 PM

Ah yes, good ol' Greekfest. That gathering should have been forever banned after the rioting that occurred two years in a row. I was working security at the Oceanfront the first year. The place looked like a bloody war zone and the national press and the usual suspects blamed it on the "racist" VBPD.

Let them run riot in Portsmouth next year, they might improve the city some.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:33 PM

Default Congratulations, Smithfield is about to be communist owned (for only $5 billion dollars)

Shuanghui Agrees to Acquire Smithfield Foods for $4.72b - Bloomberg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area