U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 12:41 PM

4 posts, read 11,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonjaWi View Post
We bought all new furniture at Haynes and The Dump. We have been looking around a lot of other places (Grand, Value City, and some other stores whose names I cannot remember) but I had a particular idea in mind what I wanted and had a hard time to find it anywhere else. Price wise I think we had good luck, our sales person at Haynes was very good. We bought a futon after we had bought the first set of living room furniture,about a week later, and she got the futon into the same delivery and the furniture warranty without us having to pay extra, that saved us 70 dollars for an extra delivery. And the futon was about 100 dollars cheaper than at Walmart.
The Dump we had small issues with because they canceled our first delivery without reason, but other than that it was okay. If you try to call somebody in their logistic warehouse expect no call backs though - i had called 3 days in a row and could never meet anybody and left a lot of messages which were not returned. I finally got a hold of somebody when I used the "same day delivery" option on their phone choice menue. Not the right choice, but you got to get tricky if customer service avoids you . Furniture quality is fine so far. The futon had one leg go into the wrong direction, but that most likely happened in China when assembling.
The Dump does not deliver... They subcontract someone to do it for you, so your delivery issues are actually with a 3rd party. The guys who they sent to deliver furniture to my condo were total lazy morons. They couldn't fit my headboard onto the elevator, but a neighbor managed to help me do it. They also damaged some of the furniture.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 07:26 PM

177 posts, read 612,101 times
Try craigslist...

Old Today, 08:08 AM

1 posts
You should check out Trophy's Goods. trophysgoods.com They have really really nice furniture and really good prices. They have financing too. I saw them post Progressive Leasing as one of the finance companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area