U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-25-2010, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Chesapeake, Va!
92 posts, read 275,546 times
Reputation: 32

Advertisements

Ride home backed out..if anyone is going and willing to give 2 teens a ride back to South Norfolk please feel free to leave a message..Willing to pay $10 for gas for the short trip (3.87 miles door to door!)

OR..if anyone knows of a cab company in Norfolk that will pick up around 11pm please share...The trip is a bit less than 4 miles, so it's not toooo bad, tho a cab would be my last choice.


Thanks for reading!!


Wendy
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2010, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Land of Thought and Flow
8,323 posts, read 14,391,083 times
Reputation: 4917
I would be hesitant to get a ride from a random stranger off the internet.

Andy's Taxi Group
Duke's Cab Company
Norfolk Checker Taxi

Get a hold of a couple of these companies. You'd be looking at somewhere between $10-$15 for a ride, but it's a lot safer than a random stranger.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 10:05 AM
 
33,880 posts, read 39,912,539 times
Reputation: 48484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I would be hesitant to get a ride from a random stranger off the internet.

Andy's Taxi Group
Duke's Cab Company
Norfolk Checker Taxi

Get a hold of a couple of these companies. You'd be looking at somewhere between $10-$15 for a ride, but it's a lot safer than a random stranger.
God no kidding! I can see the headlines now...OP, please...look elsewhere (or a cab) for your ride home.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Chesapeake, Va!
92 posts, read 275,546 times
Reputation: 32
Not sure what would make you think I'd jump at the first 'stranger' for a ride? I have every intention of doing a thorough background check (have access to it at work..do checks for HR) AND be very cautious.

Ive gotten a ride this way before from a parent of a kid attending an event. Turns out the kids go to the same school but don't know each other. It's just networking. I would never accept a ride from a stranger.

I'm not a nut job, trust me!

Thanks for the info but looks like the cabs rollin by 11pm and no one will make the pick up.

Oh well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Va Beach
3,506 posts, read 12,790,984 times
Reputation: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOVMom View Post
Ride home backed out..if anyone is going and willing to give 2 teens a ride back to South Norfolk please feel free to leave a message..Willing to pay $10 for gas for the short trip (3.87 miles door to door!)

OR..if anyone knows of a cab company in Norfolk that will pick up around 11pm please share...The trip is a bit less than 4 miles, so it's not toooo bad, tho a cab would be my last choice.


Thanks for reading!!


Wendy
I don't know Wendy...a cab would be my first/most reliable choice. Well worth the kids arriving safely at the front door.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Land of Thought and Flow
8,323 posts, read 14,391,083 times
Reputation: 4917
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOVMom View Post
Not sure what would make you think I'd jump at the first 'stranger' for a ride? I have every intention of doing a thorough background check (have access to it at work..do checks for HR) AND be very cautious.

Ive gotten a ride this way before from a parent of a kid attending an event. Turns out the kids go to the same school but don't know each other. It's just networking. I would never accept a ride from a stranger.

I'm not a nut job, trust me!

Thanks for the info but looks like the cabs rollin by 11pm and no one will make the pick up.

Oh well.
I've seen cabs about at 1-2am, though D:
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Va Beach
3,506 posts, read 12,790,984 times
Reputation: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I've seen cabs about at 1-2am, though D:
Yep..most cabs do run 24 hours. Sometimes when I take a red eye home, they're at the airport waiting. Pretty good at appointments to. Reserve for a certain time and they're there at least 10 mins. early.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top