U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 01:22 PM

54 posts, read 123,544 times

Advertisements

Ok I resently posted a thread saying I wished to move to vb and noone responded back what is the reason not to respond back I'm only asking the best urban neighborhoods could it be vb isn't very urban or outgoin I don't know but that's strange and some what mean I bet many people respnd to this thread tho....ima sit back and watch
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 04:18 PM

3,506 posts, read 12,715,637 times
I'm surprised you didn't hear from the Norfolk people. Ghent area from what I have read over the past is urban. I wouldn't say that anyone was being shallow. Our weather has been unseasonably nice and most likely people are doing things outside of their homes.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:47 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,686,783 times
I'd take VA Beach over Williamsburg, but that doesn't help you any. I work with some clients who live in the Kempsville area and they like it. Otherwise, don't know what else to suggest...

Old 10-28-2010, 03:26 PM

32,718 posts, read 38,853,751 times
Might help to write in English. Pretty difficult to read your post.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:27 PM

1,700 posts, read 5,522,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzk2011 View Post
Ok I resently posted a thread saying I wished to move to vb and noone responded back what is the reason not to respond back I'm only asking the best urban neighborhoods could it be vb isn't very urban or outgoin I don't know but that's strange and some what mean I bet many people respnd to this thread tho....ima sit back and watch
Well, there's tons of threads already on this topic. Sometimes it gets tiring answering the same questions over and over again. That'd be my guess as to why no one responded to your questions. Also, it helps to be specific. Since asking something like "Where's the best neighborhood?" is really broad, it's difficult to answer. I'm sure no one meant to offend you or be mean by ignoring you, though. My advice is to check the other threads that are similar and see if your questions are already answered. If not, then come back and post your specific questions. I'm sure you'll get a better response that way.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:58 PM

Ok I did write english maybe I didn't gramatize it proeperly but I did write spoken englishthank you and to everyone else thank you for the feed back I guess I will just come to vb and do some hands on research and take it from there I appreciate you guys honesty and time hope I find a place in vb

Old 10-28-2010, 06:59 PM

I meant properly

Old 10-28-2010, 07:22 PM

3,848 posts, read 8,578,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzk2011 View Post
I guess I will just come to vb and do some hands on research and take it from there I appreciate you guys honesty and time hope I find a place in vb
That's probably the best thing to do

From the sound of it, I think you'll like it here and fit in well

Old 10-29-2010, 05:34 PM

894 posts, read 2,109,049 times
If you want urban, stick to Norfolk, Portsmouth, Newport News, and Hampton. Especially Norfolk as it is the historical main urban city in the whole region, though not as large as Va Beach, it is much more densely populated. Va Beach is very suburban with no real urbanity. Hence the town center project to give the city a real center city/downtown feel. All of Va Beach use to be Princess Anne county, so while it is currently zoned as a city, it may feel similar to Fairfax or Montgomery counties a little bit more than an actual city. Good luck!

Old 10-29-2010, 06:25 PM

6,070 posts, read 9,323,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
I'd take VA Beach over Williamsburg, but that doesn't help you any. I work with some clients who live in the Kempsville area and they like it. Otherwise, don't know what else to suggest...

I know I love the Kempsville area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area