U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 10:00 AM

3,506 posts, read 12,707,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbn View Post
I'm new to the area and am looking to buy a used car from a dealer that will finance someone with bad credit. I posted a thread on this and so far only got 1 reply directing me to a third party lender which I want to avoid if possible. Do you know of any such auto dealerships? or with the third party lending, which would be the best? thanks
www.barnone.com can help you. Casey Chevrolet and other top dealers work with them to help those get affordable transportation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 09:11 PM

7 posts, read 11,363 times
Default Best Sources to Find Rental Home

My family and I are moving to the area in the end of February. We currently have three kids and will probably add one more to the lot. I will be working at LAFB. We need to rent/lease a home and my wife and I are coming out to find one next week (2nd to 7th). We're hoping to find a 4BR+ home somewhere with a decent commute. We're looking essentially anywhere between Hampton and Williamsburg. I've looked at Trulia and also found the dailypress website. We've seen some online that look decent enough between $1500 and $1800 a month. What are the best resrouces to find available homes for rent/lease? If anyone has any suggestions or even personally knows of a good sized home to rent/lease please post or PM me.

Thanks in advance.

JP

Old 01-26-2011, 11:23 AM

144 posts, read 396,169 times
These I recommend.

HomesDatabase - Home for Sale and Rent in DC, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania

Find Real Estate Listings, School and Neighborhood Information and More - Realtor.comĀ®

Homes for Sale & Real Estate Listings >> DirectHomes.com

I use Trulia and also like Craigslist for those landlords/owners who utilize postlets.

Best wishes to you and your family!

Old 01-27-2011, 07:29 AM

7 posts, read 11,363 times
Thanks Nikki75. We've played with realtor.com plenty before, but haven't looked at the other two. They look pretty good. Most of what we've found so far has been through trulia or one of the local newspapers.

JP

Old 01-27-2011, 02:50 PM

5 posts, read 16,209 times
Hi, I'm relocating to the Hampton Roads area, preferably Chesapeake/Portsmouth. I've been looking on Craigslist, Pilotonline, etc. Need to find a 1 BR that's well under $700.00/month, accepts a cat, has washer/dryer hookups, in a decent area that's less than 40 minutes away from Head of River Road in Chesapeake. So far I've only been able to find apartments that offer one or some of what I listed here, but not all that I've listed. I'm not trying to be picky, these are definitely needs versus just "wants". I'm tempted to contact that apartment locating company called Locators, Inc. but they want $150 to just give me a printout of vacant places for me to do all the calling, etc. I know nothing about this area. ............any advice?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:44 AM

5 posts, read 5,810 times
the wife and I wish to relocate to the VAB area both retired and tired of snow central here in upstate N.Y. do not need to live on the beach and actually prefer the country over any city I guess we are just small town folk will be looking to rent small home or even mobil home with out a hours drive to a market or drug store but somplace quite she is a gardner and I hunt and fish and we both enjoy working are two herding dogs for fun and relaxation any ideas of where to find our little piece of heaven

Old 02-17-2011, 09:29 AM

3,848 posts, read 8,568,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grb4521snow View Post
the wife and I wish to relocate to the VAB area both retired and tired of snow central here in upstate N.Y. do not need to live on the beach and actually prefer the country over any city I guess we are just small town folk will be looking to rent small home or even mobil home with out a hours drive to a market or drug store but somplace quite she is a gardner and I hunt and fish and we both enjoy working are two herding dogs for fun and relaxation any ideas of where to find our little piece of heaven
Try some place way out in Suffolk or in Franklin.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:47 PM

9 posts, read 16,853 times
hello, im moving to norfolk area in a month and im clueless on where the good/cheap places to shop from groceries at. i also have access to the commissary could anyone tell me how the commissary there is. im also looking for an asian grocery store to shop for stuff and would also be interested to know if there is a farmers market near the area.

my husband told me he is close to a food lion but i saw a really bad review about it.

thank you, i might have more questions and in need for advice later but off the top of me head im looking for places where i could save money on groceries.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:19 PM

17 posts, read 57,318 times
Default Thank you for helping.

I am thinking that I might like this area of the nation. I don't even know what airport I should fly into...Newport News or Norfolk. I don't really want to drive a lot of highways, tunnels or bridges, and like a smaller town atmosphere, but within public transportation or driving distance to a larger city.

I want to come to this area this summer.

Perhaps, you could suggest places that I might like to live? I'm close to being an empty nester and am thinking of relocating in a couple of years.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:55 AM

179 posts, read 454,532 times
This area is all highways, tunnels and bridges...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area