Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2007, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 3,545 times

Advertisements

We just found out we are relocating from Vermont to Williamsburg area for a job at College of William and Mary. Can anyone recomend a trustworthy real estate agent? We are first-time home buyers and still considering whether we want to rent for a while to get to know the area or buy right away so we need an agent who is very knowledable and will be patient and honest with helping us figure out our best options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 08:49 AM

10 posts, read 42,187 times
wow, my husband and I are moving to Williamsburg Aug 1st, we live in NY now, but have a house in Vermont that is still on the market, we lived there for about 4 years. Loved it

We are renting a home, lots of beautiful home rentals there. Go to williamsburgrentals.com or call Jay colley at William Wood agency, he is great from what I hear, he does announcing at Walsingham Academy and comes highly reccommended to us.
Let me know

Old 07-31-2007, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,516 times
Default You will love Williamsburg

Hello! First-I will disclose- I am a REALTOR in Williamsburg. I have lived here almost 15 years and know a lot about this fabulous community! I am certainly a little biased- but it is a great place to move and live. I have found that all age groups-from young families to retirees- are very much at home here.Yes, there are a lot of rentals here as well as a lot of homes in inventory for re-sale. As far as purchasing a home, you would be in the drivers seat.Basic Economics here- a lot of supply with a lackluster demand. Rental market is about the same.

If you still need help or have ANY questions about the area, I would be honored to help you out!

Old 08-03-2007, 12:00 AM

66 posts, read 236,023 times
I am interested in buying a condo/TH in williamsburg in the next 6 months. Could you give me some general info?

Old 08-03-2007, 07:33 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,958,133 times
If you can give a little more information about what you are looking for I would be happy to give you information on condos/ townhomes in the Williamsburg James City County area. Prices start around $150k for one and two bedroom condos. In the $200k -$250k range you can buy a one or two bedroom condo in the following communities Bristol Commons, La Fontaine, Claiborne, Westgate, Braemar Creek, Fairway Villas, Warhill Green, Liberty Crossing. Some offer pool, clubhouse, tennis, workout rooms, playground areas. It all depends on what you are looking for and where you want to live in the Williamsburg area.
In the New Town area where my office is located you can buy a new one bedroom condo in a mid rise building starting at $229k. The building has secure access and is convenient to all of New Town where there are 12 + resturants, 12 screen movie theater, Barnes & Noble and many different retail stores. All of this within a few miles of the Colonial area of Williamsburg and William & Mary.
There are 3 bedroom townhomes with garages being built that start at $270k in New Town.

High Street is another new development going up in Williamsburg. The first residences there are at least 12 months away. A 4 story condo building is planned along with luxury townhomes that start at $450k. It will feature an 8 screen cinema/ grill movie theater and numerouse retail stores.

Another new project in the Williamsburg area is Eaglescliffe Condominiums at Ford's Colony .Centrally located only a short walk from the Country Club and the site of a new spa that is in the planning stages, Eaglescliffe Condominiums includes the same rich design traditions and luxury living features found throughout the community, including all brick exteriors.

Sizes range from 1,700 to more than 2,100-square feet. Each unit offers an open kitchen, flexible guest suite that is easily converted to a bedroom or office, luxury master bath, balcony, and a view of the community from every room.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:51 PM

23 posts, read 176,249 times
^^^

Mr Williamsburg, we're still here in MI but we're moving to Williamsburg area hopefully June of next year. Please PM me about houses, 5 BR, new homes or at least 3-7 years old, and we want the backyard with trees and lots of trees. We want to make sure that no one would build houses on the back of our soon to be backyard so we want close to creeks or wetlands if possible.

We were there 2 weeks ago and we saw the Marywood by Centex Homes. We LOVED the area but we didn't like their houses. They were sort of "generic" plus they would only build the house for us based on their company's available plan. Any additional windows, hardwood floors on 2nd floor have to be done after closing. So we believe that it would be a waste of money to build, take it down or replaced with something better. Could you recommend a subdivision in the williamsburg city for about $320-420K? Thanks.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:44 PM

520 posts, read 1,619,450 times
Please remember that Realtors are new and used home salespeople, hiding behind a trademarked word that was made up by a trade association that spends an insane amount of money on lobbying and advertising.

Also, please be advised that the Hampton Roads region has gone through an incredible run up in home prices, related to the credit mania / housing bubble. We were late to the run up, and are late recovering (seeing the prices fall drastically) from it. So look at the prices in 1999 - 2001, and then perhaps compound 3% yearly increase in value to figure out what it might sell for.

The Pilot reported salaries have actually declined in the region since 2001 (adj for inflation).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area