Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2011, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 7,627 times

Advertisements

Hey my husband and I are both on disability and my credit is bad and we're really have a hard time finding a place we can a ford in a good area. Does anybody know anything about using a service called locators. I am thinking about using them but I just don't wanna be out the money and not get a place. We need a place the includes utilites that does no credit check and is $600 a month or cheaper. We're renting a room but we want our own place that is atleast one or two bedrooms. We don't want an efficency. We also do not wanna be in the hood or around allot of drug activity. We're quite and stick to ourselves. I know there are place based on income but they still check your credit and I don't know what to do. I am applying for a disability discharge for my federal student loans but defaulted private student loan is in the way and I don't have enough to pay it and they don't discharge private ones. It defaulted after I was fired and waiting to get my disability check. We also both do not drive so we take the bus. Please if you knowanything that can help please tell me and if you know about lacators please tell me if its worth doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 08:56 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times
Let's face reality first: 1) $600 for a two bedroom is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. 2) $600 for a two bedroom in a SAFE area will be impossible. 3) Including utilities, at that price point, for two bedrooms, is just not realistic. 4) No credit check is going to be another tough one.

Your best bet is to take this process SLOW. If you have a safe place you're living now, although it might be a little cramped and not ideal, the key is it's safe and a roof over your head.

I wouldn't use a service.

You've got a tough road ahead, I'm not going to lie. You need to take things slow, figure out your credit situation first, stay on top of things and do the best you can.

Good luck to you.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:52 AM

2 posts, read 5,999 times
I'm in the same boat, living with a roommate who stop paying bills now we have no hot water and she never cleans I'm getting tired of it our lease is up in August and where we live now that dont allow full time students so I have to move anyway I have bad credit and I dont want to have them run my credit to find a place ....are there any places with no credit checks, I'm searching online and my goal is to take this summer and find a place just truly hard...and I wanted to be close to college where I go...virginia richmond area

Old 11-18-2011, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 3,953 times
check craigslist. there are alot of places with no credit checks. It depends on how much the fee is for using the locators inc service. It is hard on everyone now and days. people have messed up credit due to unstable employment. Don't lose hope. Trust God and watch how God moves on your behalf concering your situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area