Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:10 PM

60 posts, read 123,566 times

Advertisements

Hey! I posted some time back about where the cool places are. I checked a few of them, they seem to be ok. True from what I have seen and read, that winter is kinda dull in the activities scene.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any places that you can make friends at (not at a bar, though that's cool and all, not into that scene).

Also any places that sell Gaming stuff (Like D&D and such, I know back in NY they had sign ups to play with people and such. Wondering if there is something similar here).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 10:33 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,071,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxian View Post
Hey! I posted some time back about where the cool places are. I checked a few of them, they seem to be ok. True from what I have seen and read, that winter is kinda dull in the activities scene.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any places that you can make friends at (not at a bar, though that's cool and all, not into that scene).

Also any places that sell Gaming stuff (Like D&D and such, I know back in NY they had sign ups to play with people and such. Wondering if there is something similar here).
Raxian, my grandson is into gaming. He frequents Gamestop. My son in TX is into RPG's and he used meetup.com to set up his gaming groups. You might check that site and see if there are any local groups that play the games you like.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:16 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
Raxian, my grandson is into gaming. He frequents Gamestop. My son in TX is into RPG's and he used meetup.com to set up his gaming groups. You might check that site and see if there are any local groups that play the games you like.
Yes, my son like Gamestop too.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:47 AM

Hmm. Sounds all well and good, but Gamestop is typically just a video game store. Meetup sounds like a good idea though.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:53 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times
There is a video game store in Portsmouth (I think) that has a large following. They do game nights, but I don't know where it is or what it's called. Sorry! I think it's in Churchland.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:21 PM

136 posts, read 443,534 times
Atlantis Games on Little Creek Road in Norfolk. They have RPGs, board games, and card games. Plenty of weekly games and tournaments. Open until midnight on the weekends, too. And they have a store in Portsmouth. That might be the store that Coconut1 is referring to.

Atlantis Games & Comics

Old 03-21-2011, 10:43 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffConn View Post
Atlantis Games on Little Creek Road in Norfolk. They have RPGs, board games, and card games. Plenty of weekly games and tournaments. Open until midnight on the weekends, too. And they have a store in Portsmouth. That might be the store that Coconut1 is referring to.

Atlantis Games & Comics
I love going to Atlantis. Several of my friends go there for tournaments.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:47 PM

3 posts, read 6,110 times
Raxian, not sure what side of the water you're on, but there is a comic shop on Warwick Blvd in Newport News that has a big gaming area upstairs. They do everything from tabletop WH40K to D&D to Civil War battles.

I think they have an Anime room too if you're into that kind of thing.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:00 PM

Awesome! Well I am in Virginia Beach Proper, but I will have to check these places out (you may see me there I used to GM D&D 3.5 a while back, but I would love playing. Also Werewolf, and Marvel.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:56 AM

6 posts, read 10,395 times
Have you tried meetup.com ? There is Atlantis Comics in Portsmouth and Tower Of Games in Chesapeake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area