U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-07-2011, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Mesa, AZ
34 posts, read 69,077 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband and I will be moving to the Norfolk, VA area, and in preparing for this relocations, I'm trying to get as much information as I possibly can.

Can anyone tell me what are the nicest neighborhoods, low crime. Price isn't an object. We have no children, all of our children are adults and living their own lives. So we've decided to make a fresh start for us. Any suggestions, or info I can get will be helpful.

We just want to live somewhere, nice, clean, and we don't have to worry about being hit over the head, so to speak.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2011, 07:17 AM
 
1,700 posts, read 5,518,803 times
Reputation: 1565
Norfolk has lots of nice neighorborhoods, in my opinion. And if price isn't a big deal, you shouldn't have a hard time finding something. The areas I would check out would be:

Larchmont
Lochhaven
Algonquin
Belvedere
Freemason
Downtown
Ghent
West Ghent
East Beach
Riverview
Colonial Place
Bayview
Camelia Acres
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Newport News, Hampton
13 posts, read 23,523 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson2930 View Post
Hello,

My husband and I will be moving to the Norfolk, VA area, and in preparing for this relocations, I'm trying to get as much information as I possibly can.

Can anyone tell me what are the nicest neighborhoods, low crime. Price isn't an object. We have no children, all of our children are adults and living their own lives. So we've decided to make a fresh start for us. Any suggestions, or info I can get will be helpful.

We just want to live somewhere, nice, clean, and we don't have to worry about being hit over the head, so to speak.

Thanks

Is this a military move? Here is Norfolks Crime Search Virginia Real Estate: Crime View

I live in Virginia Beach. Its about 20 mins from Norfolk. Is there any specific reason you are moving to Norfolk? Norfolk has some nice areas but you may want to try researching Virginia Beach and Chesapeake also. Its not far from Norfolk.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Mesa, AZ
34 posts, read 69,077 times
Reputation: 14
Thank you so much. I'm really racking my brain here. This isn't a military move. My daughter will be in A school in Norfolk, but she probably won't be stationed there. We are just looking for a change, and a fresh start. I can use all the help I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnHomesInVA View Post
Is this a military move? Here is Norfolks Crime Search Virginia Real Estate: Crime View

I live in Virginia Beach. Its about 20 mins from Norfolk. Is there any specific reason you are moving to Norfolk? Norfolk has some nice areas but you may want to try researching Virginia Beach and Chesapeake also. Its not far from Norfolk.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 01:36 PM
 
1,477 posts, read 5,591,676 times
Reputation: 1099
What people are trying to tell you in a nice way is you don't want to move to Norfolk. Start looking into the surrounding cities like Virginia Beach and Chesapeake if you want to live on the southside
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 05:04 PM
 
1,700 posts, read 5,518,803 times
Reputation: 1565
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandc View Post
What people are trying to tell you in a nice way is you don't want to move to Norfolk. Start looking into the surrounding cities like Virginia Beach and Chesapeake if you want to live on the southside
That's not what I was trying to say at all. There's nothing wrong with living in Norfolk. I prefer it over any city in Hampton Roads for many reasons.

To the OP, come to Hampton Roads for yourself, and decide based on your own opinions. Information you may get from this site is just that - information. Don't let posters persuade you either way or influence your decisions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2011, 07:12 PM
 
1 posts, read 3,115 times
Reputation: 10
Hello all, does anyone know of a good hospital near the Navel base? My husband and I are relocating to Norfolk for the navy. We are moving at a crazy time because we are expecting and due in July. We are also looking for a doctor to deliver so if anyone can help i would love the info. Thanks..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top