Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2011, 05:38 PM

9 posts, read 18,042 times

Advertisements

not like benihanna's . where you do it yourself. anyone know what im talking about? im in norfolk/virginia beach area and want to head out with hubby there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 08:13 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,047,226 times
Melohhdee, why would you want to grill yourself?

Seriously, here are a couple of restaurants that I've wanted to try but haven't been able to yet.

Chiba Japanese Steakhouse in Fairfield Shopping Center on Providence Rd. In all fairness, the reviews I've read rate it as just average, but I want to try for myself.

Wasabi Steakhouse and Sushi Bar in Janaf Shopping Center on Military Drive is another one that comes to mind. Reviews sound much better but several posters say that it should be listed as a pricey restaurant instead of moderate.

One other suggestion: I just Googled "tableside cooking restaurants, Virginia Beach, VA" and I received way too many responses to list here. You might try that too.

Good luck and have fun.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:18 AM

129 posts, read 357,914 times
Its called Chinese hot pot. There might be some in the HR, I've never actually seen it around here though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_pot

Old 03-26-2011, 12:47 PM

10 posts, read 23,815 times
No, it's Korean BBQ. It's the norm in Korea to cook your own meat at your table, but few restaurants in America emulate that concept. I know of one in Newport News/Hampton.. but none in the south side, sorry. Good luck.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:50 AM

371 posts, read 1,186,673 times
There is, or was a korean restaurant in Norfolk off of Tidemill drive. GREAT food. It's in a little strip shopping center. I believe that you could grill your own bulgogi but we were only there for lunch. Some friends told me there was a place in Newport News that had table grills, but I haven't been there.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:20 PM

37,463 posts, read 45,685,843 times
Mongolian BBQ in Chesapeake, just off of Volvo Pkwy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area