Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2011, 12:29 PM

5 posts, read 7,025 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I just landed a job in the va beach/norfolk area and need to relocate end of july/beginning of aug. I don't know exactly where I'll be teaching so I need to stay in a central area for commuting purposes.

My renting budget currently is only $800-925, I know this may seem unrealistic however my husband still needs to find a job so it's based on one income.

If anyone knows of any complexes or anyone renting a townhouse/condo I appreciate any help! I really want to move into columbus station however they do not have a 1 bedroom vacancy yet. Suggestions are welcome. We are 27/28 years old so I don't wnt to be totally secluded from things.

thanks in advance!
stephanie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 01:26 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
You're teaching in VAB?

Old 05-08-2011, 03:36 PM

I'll be teaching for SECEP, a regional program. they told me I'll be teaching in either VA Beach or Norfolk.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smastriano View Post
I'll be teaching for SECEP, a regional program. they told me I'll be teaching in either VA Beach or Norfolk.

That's where I teach

Old 05-08-2011, 07:04 PM

Do you know of any upcoming social studies/history positions for my husband? Lol.
Haven't seen any postings yet, when do they post their job vacancies?

Old 05-08-2011, 07:21 PM

It's been on the news that VAB sent letters to all of their first years that they may not have jobs next year. I'm not sure when/if they'll post. Teachers go back the end of Aug., and I know when I went into a school in July (for something else) the principal was doing interviews.

Things have been tough around here for teachers. It's been several years since any of the local systems have gotten a raise.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:24 PM

469 posts, read 1,870,580 times
Quote:
Hi,
I just landed a job in the va beach/norfolk area and need to relocate end of july/beginning of aug. I don't know exactly where I'll be teaching so I need to stay in a central area for commuting purposes.

My renting budget currently is only $800-925, I know this may seem unrealistic however my husband still needs to find a job so it's based on one income.

If anyone knows of any complexes or anyone renting a townhouse/condo I appreciate any help! I really want to move into columbus station however they do not have a 1 bedroom vacancy yet. Suggestions are welcome. We are 27/28 years old so I don't wnt to be totally secluded from things.

thanks in advance!
stephanie
With that rental budget, anything in Town Center will most likely be out of reach.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:58 AM

Yeah I know it's low. I just want to be in that area, so anything within 5miles. I've seen some listings on craigslist for thalia station. I didn't see that when I was there this weekend. Is it decent?

Old 05-09-2011, 12:49 PM

469 posts, read 1,870,580 times
Quote:
Yeah I know it's low. I just want to be in that area, so anything within 5miles. I've seen some listings on craigslist for thalia station. I didn't see that when I was there this weekend. Is it decent?
They are right across the street from the Central Library and right next to Collins Square shopping center.

So it's in a pretty good location, and it's a stone's throw from Town Center. I'm in the area all the time and never felt unsafe, so safety shouldn't be an issue. But I have no idea on the condition of the actual complex.

There was actually a lot of construction going on over there a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the condos or the area around it.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:18 PM

thank you! I appreciate the input
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area