U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 08:10 AM

10 posts, read 28,636 times

Advertisements

I went down Independance in VA Beach a Saturday night a few months ago and looked for the Car Show that I attended in the 80s and 90s... and it was nowhere to be found. Am I going crazy or did Jenro's close down?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 03:08 PM

26 posts, read 62,131 times
Default A Blast From The Past.

I couldn't tell you if they closed (I haven't lived in HR for over 10 years).

However, thanks for the flashback! Wasn't Jenro's a "greasy spoon" off Independance?

I forgot all about that place!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:06 AM

10 posts, read 28,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxtp View Post
I couldn't tell you if they closed (I haven't lived in HR for over 10 years).

However, thanks for the flashback! Wasn't Jenro's a "greasy spoon" off Independance?

I forgot all about that place!

Yes, and still on Independance, but I wonder if they moved to a different strip mall or something

Old 07-02-2011, 06:07 AM

135 posts, read 358,052 times
Its been moved to the Haygood Shopping Center on Haygood/Independence. Been there for the past few years now.

And yes there is a Jenro's Diner there. Very good food. Only accepts cash but they do have an ATM.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:43 AM

3 posts, read 10,130 times
Default Jenros Diner

NOT GONE!!!Still alive. lol Visit us on FACEBOOK at Jenros Diner We are in Haygood Shopping Center. 1085 Independence Boulevard Virginia Beach, VA 23455 757-460-0444

Cars come up every Friday and Saturday

Old 10-28-2013, 07:44 AM

And we accept cash and CREDIT lol. There is no ATM but banks are all around us

Old 11-14-2013, 08:04 AM

18 posts, read 47,008 times
This is excerpted from an article in today's (Thursday November 14 2013) Virginia Pilot:
THE TABLES TURNED this week for Jenro’s Diner in Hay-good Shopping Center. Instead of promoting the car meets that have been a big part of the eatery’s livelihood since 1986, Jenro’s owner, Mike Lambaiso, began to disassociate from them. Lambaiso is facing a $7,000 fine from the property manager for security and cleanup fees for the Friday and Saturday night car meets. In response, Lambaiso has removed old car photos from the restaurant’s walls and did away with the car-themed menus. On the restaurant’s Facebook page, he asked people not to tag the diner on posts about the car meet-ups. “I can’t afford to fight it,” he said. Car clubs and people who bring their hot rods, Corvettes and imports to the parking lot each week have been responding with plans to move the event.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:57 AM

Lightbulb Jenro's Diner fighting to stay in business!

Jenro's American Diner Rescue | Other - YouCaring.com
We were on Channel 10 with their support. Also Virginia Pilot features their article on the diner today.
Friend us on facebook: Jenros Diner. Follow us there. Sign our petition. Help us. We are having a huge fundraiser this Friday and Saturday! Pass the word on! We are at @900 and would love over 1000 signatures by Friday. We have atleast 30 signatures on paper at the diner. So that's actually @ 930 total
Join us in our crusade to stand up against this foreign landlord trying to take away an American tradition that Jenro's had been doing since 1986!!

Old 11-14-2013, 01:25 PM

6,201 posts, read 592,443 times
I grew up in Va. Beach and when I return to visit I have been up to the Car meet there @ Jenro's in Haygood Shopping Center. I think I remember Jenro's owners being neighbors of my cousins , The Maxwells. My aunt still lives there and my cousins have moved to Manteo NC and Chatanooga, TN. I enjoyed the car show last time I visited. It was great with many imports, and all kinds of cars. Hope it continues when I visit Tidewater again...

Old 03-23-2014, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,033 times
The landlord won!! Jenros Haygood shopping center location is closed for good!! I have been helping them remove equipment and furnishings. Mike has been evicted from the location and must be totally out by April 1, 2014. The good news is that Jenros will be reopening in Portsmouth in a location on Airline Blvd. close to Tower Mall, one where the landlord will allow car shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area