Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 11:57 AM

10 posts, read 26,980 times

Advertisements

I used to live in Newport News at Jefferson Point Apartments. They were very nice apartments. we had a pool, jacuzzi, 24 hour gym w/suana. I was very impressed. we had an area where we could park our vehicles and vacuum and clean with a house in the complex. It was central to all the stores and Patrick Henry Mall, Bood stores, shopping strips, Super Walmart, Parks, Starbucks and more. They cut and bring you firewood year round. They leave it in piles just outside. I had the 2 bedroom/1 bath and the balcony was huge 9x9, I think. Maybe even larger than that. I remember fitting a dning table with 4 wrought iron chairs, bookshelves, a small tv and still being able to move around comfortably. I miss that. I used to sit out there and relax and watch tv with the breeze. It was very nice. It is surrounded by trees galore. The only thing I did not like about it was the sirens of the ambulances to the nearby trauma center, but then again that is everywhere. there are many nice homes for sale up near Yorktown and Newport New and Hampton too.

I tell all my clients to drive around and pick an area you like, then do the research online at the Official city websites. There is so much to choose from in that area. Hope you find the right place and let me know if I was any help.

All the best, Rebecca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 11:06 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,333,333 times
Every city has it's bad parts in Hampton Roads. However, to tell someone that Newport News is bad and Portsmouth is bad is wrong.

The area of Newport News near Jefferson and Oyster Point is a very nice area, except for the traffic at that intersection. Shopping-wise everything is there or very close. My 77 year old father lives in an apt there and he feels safe!

I live in the Churchland area of Portsmouth and I feel safe. We are blocks from Chesapeake and Suffolk, very near the interstate and right in the heart of Hampton Roads. Yes, some parts of Portsmouth are not so good, but there are places in Norfolk, Hampton, Newport News and Chesapeake I would not want to go after dark either.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:38 PM

563 posts, read 2,774,179 times
There are very nice parts of Newport News. When I lived in Hampton Roads I especially loved the Kiln Creek area. Check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area