U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 06:02 PM

359 posts, read 681,944 times

Advertisements

Just something to be aware of this week - 'tis the season.

Hurricane Irene: Bahamas, U.S. Threat

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 09:21 PM

Hoo boy, might want to batten down the hatches for this one. Will be watching carefully all this week - Sat. is when the storm is supposed to be near.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:56 PM

148 posts, read 335,674 times
I'm kind of excited honestly. I haven't been through a hurricane in awhile. Just moved here from California last year.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:33 AM

88 posts, read 234,894 times
The roads this morning should be yet another wake up call about evacuation routes. With accidents at both major tunnels, the southside is held hostage.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:27 AM

8,578 posts, read 6,297,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwz26 View Post
The roads this morning should be yet another wake up call about evacuation routes. With accidents at both major tunnels, the southside is held hostage.
This is certainly not new, is it? And yet nothing is done about it. It seems as if ease of evacuation doesn't matter to anyone except us residents. It sure isn't a priority with our state government. All we can do is continue to be watchful and prepared.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:11 AM

3,508 posts, read 12,489,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
This is certainly not new, is it? And yet nothing is done about it. It seems as if ease of evacuation doesn't matter to anyone except us residents. It sure isn't a priority with our state government. All we can do is continue to be watchful and prepared.
Be prepared, don't leave at the last minute and if you really want to get outta town, leave at midnight or early, early morning hours before others go to work!
We're hangin' with this one.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,770 times
Default More Symptoms of Dependency (IRENE PANIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
Oh get over it! Everyone is so use to suckling the government's tit.

It's a storm - deal with it.

This ENTIRE nation's debt is hopelessly compounded due to people who think that the government should do everything for them.

Where do you think the gov gets the money to fund your "Added Services" ? TAXES.

Help yourself, help your neighbor and help one-another.

Stop waiting for "the government" to pay, say, or wipe your hiny.

The government is broke!

Problem is - the politicians have permission from ignorant majority of Americans to keep just keep on spending anyway!

Old 08-24-2011, 03:03 PM

8,578 posts, read 6,297,141 times
Dang, didn't mean to get you so upset. Chill.

All I meant is that SOME parts of the state are getting funded for road repairs and road maintenance and Hampton Roads is not a priority for those funds.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:27 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,561,482 times
i'm supposed to fly into va beach saturday at noon. its looking like this storm keeps moving east and will eventually stay way off the coast. is that what local weather people are saying? i assume the airport will be closed if the storm is anywhere near the area

Old 08-24-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
i'm supposed to fly into va beach saturday at noon. its looking like this storm keeps moving east and will eventually stay way off the coast. is that what local weather people are saying? i assume the airport will be closed if the storm is anywhere near the area
EVERYBODY PANIC!

Now that I have that out of my system, the local weather folks are still kind of speculative, in my opinion, which is frustrating some. Still, I'm noticing people starting to stock up on supplies...

Weather | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

I think you should try and fly in a day later if you can, you'll be stuck in the airport... (checks Magic 8 ball) "Cannot Predict Now."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area