Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 05:48 PM

66 posts, read 236,967 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving from NN to VB/Chesapeake and are trying to find a safe apt complex. We have read reviews online and it seems they are not very accurate (they rated our complex 5 and we love it). We were thinking about Chase Arbor but read the reviews and it said stuff about murders, robberies, and rapes! YIKES! Please make some suggestions based on the following:
Here is our info:
-we are in our early twenties, but very laidback and not into the wild night scene. We would rather take our bikes/blades to parks and the beach vs. go clubbing or drinking.
-we don't mind a 30 min. commute to work (I work near Mt. Trashmore and he doesn't have a job there yet)
- dog friendly (american eskimo)
-no children right this second but that could change soon...
- would prefer to spend around 850 but can splurge up to 1050
-does not have to be in the middle of the city (we are from a very small/rural town so we are used to driving an hour to walmart)
-does not have to be Vb- we would live in chesapeake, currituck, moyock, etc. if it is safer and/or cheaper.
- pie... with whipped topping!

Please make suggestions based on the above info. Also, we are interested in Pungo- are there any complexes there? We are thinking about Crossings at Red Mill, Shoreline, Marina Shores, Avondale, Runaway Bay, and Belmont at Greenbrier, Adalay Bay, and more. We would love reviews on any of these places as well as reccomendations of other places.

Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 01:15 PM

2 posts, read 15,198 times
do not go with belmont!! I know people at adalay bay, they love it there. Just don't go with belmont. They aren't friendly. Quality is not worth the cost. They aren't as pet friendly as you think. I just moved out of there. I wont recommend them to anyone.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:01 AM

85 posts, read 319,649 times
I would say Marina Shores near Shore Drive would be perfect for you by what you have described. I dont know what the rent is there though.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:52 PM

1,700 posts, read 5,929,575 times
Anywhere around Red Mill is nice and safe, but I personally can't stand what they've done with the place. It's like one giant shopping district.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:07 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
Anywhere around Red Mill is nice and safe, but I personally can't stand what they've done with the place. It's like one giant shopping district.
You're going to see this around every new neighborhood development. Believe it or not, the older folks who move into those areas enjoy having everything close. Oh yeck, I enjoy it. If I didn't need to drive so much for my job, I'd ride my bike or scooter to work. Them scooters are looking mighty fun these days!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
You're going to see this around every new neighborhood development. Believe it or not, the older folks who move into those areas enjoy having everything close. Oh yeck, I enjoy it. If I didn't need to drive so much for my job, I'd ride my bike or scooter to work. Them scooters are looking mighty fun these days!
I can understand that. My dad lives in Red Mill Farms and I remember when I could stand on his deck and look straight to Princess Anne Rd, and now I look straight into an apartment complex, and in between the apartments I can see glimpses of Red Mill Commons. Just kinda sours the whole experience.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:08 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
I can understand that. My dad lives in Red Mill Farms and I remember when I could stand on his deck and look straight to Princess Anne Rd, and now I look straight into an apartment complex, and in between the apartments I can see glimpses of Red Mill Commons. Just kinda sours the whole experience.
Yes, it can sour it. Unfortunately suburbia is not what it is anymore. Shoot, I see stuff getting closer and closer to our weekend getaway. I may end up buying that lake front property sooner than I thought!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:56 AM

My sister lived in The Palms on Virginia Beach Blvd for about a year and she seemed to like it. She only moved because she couldn't find a roommate. I don't remember safety being an issue, she had a dog (albeit was a smaller dog, not sure how big your's is), and I believe she paid less than $1000 for a two bedroom with a balcony. It's pretty close to Mt. Trashmore too. The only thing worth complaining about was a lack of parking for guests. I used to have to park in the shopping center across the street when I visited her.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:25 AM

85 posts, read 319,649 times
There are those NEW Apts or Condos next to CBN/Regent. Anyone know the name of them I know they are open now.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 6,496 times
If you're considering Chesapeake/Pungo, make sure your commute doesn't involve Elbow Rd. In 400k+ miles of driving, it has been my most dangerous commute ever outside of my time in Panama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area