Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 06:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,920 times

Advertisements

I recently was told I am getting a position down in Virginia Beach (just off 264, south on Lynnhaven Pkwy) and since I live a hefty drive away I can't get down to search for places to live until I am moving in/begin working. So any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I am mid-20s guy who doesn't care for loud places so here is what I am looking for:

-2 Bedroom Townhouse (or apartment with balcony, prefer townhouse)
-VERY safe area (gated entrance is a huge plus, worried about car break-ins)
-up to $1300-ish in rent
-up to 30 minute drive from Lynnhaven/264

Again, any help would be much appreciated in telling me of areas/apartment complexes that would be ideal. Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 AM

1,790 posts, read 6,518,485 times
You should be able to find a nice place for your price point. There are many apartments in the area to choose from though I am not sure about townhomes. You might check online for some and then post here of your findings. I can't recall many gated communities around though there may be some. Virginia Beach overall is very safe and I wouldn't worry about car break-ins too much in most areas. I lived there for 15 years and never had mine broken into. Good luck.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:48 PM

1,477 posts, read 6,019,788 times
Just google Virginia Beach apartments for rent and you will find many web sites, most will show on a map where they located in reference to the Lynnhaven area.... One note to think about, that section of the city is very close to Oceana which is a master jet base for the military so jet noise is very loud in that part of the city...... Something to think about if you are looking for an apartment close to work

Old 04-13-2012, 06:40 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,621,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocmd350z View Post
I recently was told I am getting a position down in Virginia Beach (just off 264, south on Lynnhaven Pkwy) and since I live a hefty drive away I can't get down to search for places to live until I am moving in/begin working. So any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I am mid-20s guy who doesn't care for loud places so here is what I am looking for:

-2 Bedroom Townhouse (or apartment with balcony, prefer townhouse)
-VERY safe area (gated entrance is a huge plus, worried about car break-ins)
-up to $1300-ish in rent
-up to 30 minute drive from Lynnhaven/264

Again, any help would be much appreciated in telling me of areas/apartment complexes that would be ideal. Thank you in advance.
Do you care about being close to the beach?

Old 04-14-2012, 02:45 AM

2 posts, read 1,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UHgrad View Post
Do you care about being close to the beach?
I would not mind it, I would prefer not to be right near the beach for summers though as I assume it gets loud/obnoxious at nights with people. South of the main area of Virginia Beach (the numbered streets where 264 ends) seems to be a better fit, I was looking at south of Dam Neck Rd. around Sigma area. Then again I have never been to the area so I don't know how crowded/loud the numbered streets of Virginia Beach get.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:31 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,454,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocmd350z View Post
I would not mind it, I would prefer not to be right near the beach for summers though as I assume it gets loud/obnoxious at nights with people. South of the main area of Virginia Beach (the numbered streets where 264 ends) seems to be a better fit, I was looking at south of Dam Neck Rd. around Sigma area. Then again I have never been to the area so I don't know how crowded/loud the numbered streets of Virginia Beach get.
Come down and take a look. There are many nice areas to live around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area