Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 11:09 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,077,481 times

Advertisements

What is Buckroe Beach like? What about the neighborhood nearby--nice place to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 01:17 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,400,569 times
some nice streets/some bad streets.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:09 PM

11 posts, read 23,279 times
one nice steet/mostly bad streets

Old 03-30-2012, 08:38 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
What is Buckroe Beach like? What about the neighborhood nearby--nice place to live?
Well as a native of Hampton, I like the beach as it was a good alternative to going over to Virginia Beach and dealing with all the tourist. However I never thought of the area surrounding the beach as nice. There are nice well-kept neighborhoods in Hampton that I would recommend to someone from NoVA to check out. I just don't think the immediate area around the Beach is one of them.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:52 AM

358 posts, read 710,739 times
I was in the area almost a decade ago, but I remember that area being pretty nice. Nothing fancy. A mix of folks. You could tell that it was once fairly run down but was gradually improving. Very close to Hampton's little downtown/marina. As you hit the beach there is a long road off to your left that is a more upscale area. Seemed like a nice place to me.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 5,564 times
Pros-A laid back side of Hampton/summer time you can drive and see cookouts in almost every backyard/once a Caucasian neighborhood now mostly african-American. Lots of fix and repair houses have been remodeled. Area schools include Phoebus High,Jones Magnet Middle and etc.

Cons-Drugs dealers are very common in the area but u would never now because they don't stand on the corners only because the police have buffed up patrols because of the rise in shootings and homicides in the area between Grimes Road, Nickerson Blvd,and Pembroke Ave. Very Dark streets at night not really safe for walking. Gangs are also thriving in the area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area