Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 05:16 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,975,688 times

Advertisements

Taking a cue from Caladium , here are a few photos from the New Town area

A walking trail in New Town

More to follow
Attached Thumbnails
Photos of the New Town area in James City County/ Williamsburg-2.jpg   Photos of the New Town area in James City County/ Williamsburg-32.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 05:23 PM

Default More New Town photos

Sullivan Square Park. Host to concerts, festivals and more. The building at the far end is owned by the county . (Legacy Hall) and folks can rent it to host parties, wedding, meetings etc.

Buon Amici restaurant, one of 20+ places to eat in New Town. Nice outdoor patio area.., great Italian Food !

Attached Thumbnails
Photos of the New Town area in James City County/ Williamsburg-sullivan-square-park-new-town.png   Photos of the New Town area in James City County/ Williamsburg-buon-amici-restaurant.png  

Old 05-15-2012, 06:09 PM

Default More New Town photos

New Town offers residents and visitors almost everything you need from Movie theaters to doctors offices, Salons, fitness centers, day spas, and other personal services .Dental offices, Legal, Accounting, ,Banks, Credit Unions, City & County Courthouse and US Post Office.

Retailers include :Ann Taylor Loft -, Authentic Guitars, Barnes and Noble Booksellers, Bath & Body Works, Charming Charlie ,Chico's , Christopher & Banks, Comic Cubicle ,Computer Concepts,Elements Home Décor & Fine Gifts, Footlocker , Havana Connections , Hi-Ho Silver, Icing by Claire , IT'S SUGAR, Jackson Thomas Interiors, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Journey's , Justice for Girls , Kay Jewelers , Laney's Jewelry, New Town Art Gallery, The Nautical Dog , Truman Curtis, Victoria's Secret, White House Black Market, Williamsburg Cupcake, Trader Joes, across the street are The Fresh Market, Starbucks, Michaels, HomeGoods, Steinmart, Ulta, Dress Barn and Shoe Carnival are building stores in the Settlers Market area of New Town .

Housing options range from Apartments ( start at $1000 a month,) to townhomes from the low 200's for a 1300 sq foot townhome to larger townhomes in high 300's. Most of these offer tow car garages. Condos start in the 200's . Detached homes have taken off like crazy. All are an Arts and Crafts Style... They start at 340k for 1500 square foot cottage with a detached two car garage..

Attached Thumbnails
Photos of the New Town area in James City County/ Williamsburg-main-street.jpg   Photos of the New Town area in James City County/ Williamsburg-cottage-new-town-williamsburg-va.jpg   Photos of the New Town area in James City County/ Williamsburg-detached-garage.jpg  

Old 05-16-2012, 05:08 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
Excellent thread! I missed seeing those cute arts and crafts houses when I was there. Guess I'll have to go back to see what I missed.

We went early on a Sunday morning and were surprised how many people were hanging out at Barnes & Noble. I wonder if there are regulars and if that's the place to meet a few friends?

The other thing I wondered about was the walking trails. Why did they fill them with pea gravel? Looks pretty but crunchy crunchy crunchy if you go walking and kind of hard on your feet. Oh well, on the positive side the trails are handy and it's good to see neighborhoods that are walkable.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,996 times
thx for posting all these photos...as they say, one picture is worth a thousand words!

I'm still trying to decide when to visit this year. i feel I should go in the summer (maybe late July) or push it into September so I could get first hand experience of just how hot/humid it gets, but then I don't want to waste time/money if I can't get out and enjoy the area as much. I was also thinking of late October when the leaves change (my favorite time). Do you think this area is a little less humid than say Raleigh?

Old 05-16-2012, 01:19 PM

If you decide to make the trip, let me know. I can give you a few tips on how to do this trip pretty inexpensively. Would love to hear the comparison to Raleigh, too.

Is New Town too far to walk to the campus of William and Mary? Are there sidewalks if you chose to do it?

Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 PM

Its two miles from New Town to the W&M Campus. No sidewalk but there is bike path along Monticello.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:46 PM

794 posts, read 1,408,655 times
There's also a path through the woods between W&M and New Town.

A home goods and Michaels? Swoooon!

Old 05-17-2012, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Colonial Girl View Post
There's also a path through the woods between W&M and New Town.

A home goods and Michaels? Swoooon!
Two miles through the woods sounds like a pleasant walk. Is it safe to walk there?

Old 05-17-2012, 06:05 AM

Sure, we mountain bike there often. Hardly anyone uses the trails, runners mainly from W&M and the area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area