U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2007, 10:45 PM

4 posts, read 17,954 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about relocating to HR....Got a job with the shipyards...I'm a big sports guy...I love volleyball, tennis, and flag football. Does anyone know of the quality and quantity of sports in the area? I'm thinking about residing in the falcon creek apts.

Also, how are motorcyclists treated in general around the area?
Thanks all.....I love these forums....so much opinions and information.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 06:15 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,216,448 times
phoang: this is a very young active area. You will not have any trouble finding a league to play any of those sports. Also, motorcycles are everywhere here!! There are a couple of restaurants / bars where weekend riders catch up with each other and plan rides together: knuckleheads off Witchduck Road and Boneshakers on General Boothe Blvd both come to mind.

Shelly

Old 11-12-2007, 03:49 PM

7 posts, read 42,544 times
hey shelly, any advice on websites or phone numbers to find leagues?? I am female and really want to play basketball, softball or possibly rugby

Old 11-12-2007, 05:17 PM

1,177 posts, read 3,581,678 times
in Hampton Va try City of Hampton, Parks and Recreation, Athletics, Adult Softball for Mens, Womens and Coed Softball

In Newport News try Sports Leagues for Youth and Adults — City of Newport News
They offer Adult Softball, Basketball, Flag Football, Rugby and Volleyball.
In the Williamsburg/ James City County area try WISC ( Williamsburg Indoor SportsComplex

Programs - The Williamsburg Indoor Sports Complex (WISC) (http://www.thewisc.com/programs/index.html - broken link)
They offer Adult Soccer & Inline Hockey,

Old 11-12-2007, 05:24 PM

1,177 posts, read 3,581,678 times
Also in James City County try http://www.james-city.va.us/pdf/parksrecpdfs/fall-07/adult-sports-leagues.pdf (broken link)
They offer Adult Soccer, Flag Football and Golf Leagues
James City County Parks and Recreation Activities Brochure (http://www.james-city.va.us/recreation/programs/act-brochure.html - broken link)
This is the main website for Parks and Rec
Williamsburg City Parks and Rec offers: Adult Basketball, Softball, Volleyball, Tennis,
Here is there site: Williamsburg Parks and Recreation (broken link)
I will post a few more when I find the links, Hope this helps

Old 11-13-2007, 07:39 AM

201 posts, read 858,798 times
I have yet to locate any flag football leagues that take random adults. Most leagues Ive seen, you have to assemble your own team, and pay like $600 bucks to play, same with softball, and most sports for that matter.

If anyone knows of a random player league for adults for flag football in the area, Id love to hear about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area