U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 954 times

Advertisements

I have a large (65lb) mutt (he looks like a pit bull) and am desperate to relocate to the va beach area before school starts in the fall. I need a two bedroom for my small family (husband, wife, 6yr old child, 1 dog and 1 cat) Can someone familiar with the area tell me where I might be able to look so as to obtain a home as quickly as possible. I have lived in the area before and regret the day I left. I live in northern Va and the schools here are not what I want for my child (average test scores for elementary is 79% or below while the Va Beach area schools are 91% and above) plus my sister and three nephews are in the Va Beach area and I very much want to be closer to them as well, however, I do not want to get rid of our family pets (cat has been with us 9 years the dog has been with us 2 1/2yrs) I'm even trying to get a "resume" together for the dog from a couple of trainers, vet techs and vet in hopes of persuading the potental landlord. To top it off I am working on having the dog C.G.C titled (canine good citizen certificate) with the help of my 6yr old (she is a doggie lover and is helping and involved in the training) Please help me find a place that will accept all of my family. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 05:56 AM

1,813 posts, read 3,953,078 times
Why don't you communicate with a property management company that handles rentals?

Do a search on Google using the words "Virginia Beach Property Management."

Call your dog a mutt since you don't know his breeding. My dog is half boxer and half who knows what. Many boxer crosses have a pitbull look.

A couple of years back, the humane society I worked with brought back a poster that had about 17 photos of dogs on it. We were to pick out the two dogs that had pitbull in them. I don't think anyone got it right.

Good luck finding a new home.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
View detailed profiles of: