Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 02:44 PM

3 posts, read 8,267 times

Advertisements

Just moved to the Hampton Roads area (30 year old "single" dad) and I need some Ideas where to socialize and meet people ! I.E. 21-35 year old spots. I am aware Virginia beach is 40 minutes away, and that has a great boardwalk and pubs/areas to hangout and socialize, but Monday-Friday being busy with work etc I don't always see that feasible.

So far I have not been impressed with what I've seen in the area "social life" wise, but perhaps thats just because I don't know where to go yet.

Thanks for your suggestions !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 03:12 PM

42 posts, read 136,433 times
Are you on the peninsula?

Check out Aroma's in Newport News city center on Saturday nights. The place is hopping, although it's a bit young.

Good luck with the singles scene in the area. Typical of any military area, you've got a terrible girl to guy ratio, and quite a few available twenty-something women are either military themselves or are recently out of bad relationships/marriages with military men. So what I'm saying is, be ready to settle.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:37 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,699,699 times
Even if you're in shape, join crossfit, go 3 times a week, it's only like 20-30mins. Lots of good looking girls go...When you introduce yourself to them, don't hit on them, mention you want to have a cross fit outing at the bars this coming weekend as you're new to the city...Invite the girls, mention you'd PREFER if they brought their husbands or boyfriend so they know for sure you're not going to get drunk and make a move on them...When you hit up the nightlife, you'll appear lot more attractive when you walk into where-ever surrounded by fit girls; and if you're striking out with the ladies all night, you can always have some good conversations with your new friends who may eventually hook you up with their single friends...Lastly, when hitting on girls at bars, you have a great opening line "I just moved here and am out with my crossfit buddies for the first time, have you ever done crossfit?"

Old 08-04-2012, 04:58 PM

42 posts, read 136,433 times
Creative.

Just a warning about the Crossfit chicks... they're rough. Used to date one and her friends were like feminists on an athletic power trip.

Not saying they're all like that.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:09 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,699,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor117 View Post
Creative.

Just a warning about the Crossfit chicks... they're rough. Used to date one and her friends were like feminists on an athletic power trip.

Not saying they're all like that.
I can assure you that's the exception, not the rule...A common complaint is that the gyms are almost cult like...Regardless, if you just moved to a new area and don't have any other hobbies, it's a great way to meet new people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area