Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 10:58 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
No, some people have values without being Christian I guess, I did not mean to be hateful at all.
Some people? You guess?

Still seems pretty hateful to me, but whatever.

I used to be part of a big Christian denomination but left due to the hate. It's always do what I say, not as I do. So many feel that going to church on Sunday and preaching to people about God makes you worthy. It doesn't. Actions speak louder than words, and if you're really going to be a good Christian, remember Jesus's biggest action- love for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 10:14 AM

404 posts, read 1,147,997 times
Whoever believes VA Beach is boring must have never visited less inhabited cities of the United States AKA the country AKA the sticks. If Virginia Beach is boring, West Virginia must be akin to going to jail.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:44 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,943,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloi3eai2 View Post
Whoever believes VA Beach is boring must have never visited less inhabited cities of the United States AKA the country AKA the sticks. If Virginia Beach is boring, West Virginia must be akin to going to jail.
Which is why we choose not to live in those places

Old 08-16-2012, 08:30 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Some people? You guess?

Still seems pretty hateful to me, but whatever.

I used to be part of a big Christian denomination but left due to the hate. It's always do what I say, not as I do. So many feel that going to church on Sunday and preaching to people about God makes you worthy. It doesn't. Actions speak louder than words, and if you're really going to be a good Christian, remember Jesus's biggest action- love for all.
You are right, Jesus' most important thing is love. It is sad you left. Hope you come back to the cross. Remember, your relationship is between you and Jesus Christ. Do not look to other people, There will always be human wrongdoings and sin. Actions do speak louder than words, but people are human. Trying to do the right thing is a big part of being Christian. I am sorry you find it hateful I said that some people have values that are not Christian, I shudder to think what a mean spirtied hateful person would do to you! God Bless you Coconut, I did not mean anything hateful, only true. Why do people have values if they do not have a reason too?

Excuse me, back to the topic, and I laughed at some of the comments , Va. Beach is not boring! There are tons of cool things to do, the beach, the bay, the parks, concerts, music, holiday festivals, malls, movie theatres, restuarants and bars, sports (Old Dominion and others)....
If Va. Beach is boring , the poster said West Virignia is like going to jail! Haaaaaaaaaa! Va. Beach is one of the top 3 places to live on the East Coast!

Old 08-25-2012, 03:49 PM

7 posts, read 9,580 times
Don't come here. It's getting too crowded already. I've lived in Va Beach for 40 years, and I'm being forced to move to a smaller city in Colorado next year. It's all because of the worsening overcrowdedness(especially past 3 yrs) ,traffic,noise, boom cars, and the scum moving here from LA, New York City,Pittsburgh PA,Detroit, Norfolk, etc. Robbery rates have skyrocketed since 2008. LA and NYC gangs are moving here. 99% of the women here are ugly too, and most are cold and aloof. This is a military town, and most of the military people resent having to live here, so there is an dominant and underlying negative attitude here(and it has rubbed off on me).
The only thing going for this city is the ocean.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:30 PM

42 posts, read 136,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
Va. Beach is one of the top 3 places to live on the East Coast!
Huh? According to who? Virginia Beach didn't even make it on the top 100 on CNN's Best Places to Live for 2010, 2011, or 2012.

I can think of about 20 places off the top of my head that have a much better cost of living, number of job opportunities, and more to do.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:16 AM

Curious Jeff: Hey man, the Crime rates have gone up everywhere hence the Recession and the bad economy.. You should see Charleston, Sc!
Be positive bro! Go out to the Chesapeake Bay, hang out in the Seashore State Park riding a bike, Fish or Crab at Lynnhaven inlet. Va. Beach is the safest city its size on the East Coast.
See some good in those people from the North man!
God Bless you man,
Coastalbum

Old 08-27-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor117 View Post
Huh? According to who? Virginia Beach didn't even make it on the top 100 on CNN's Best Places to Live for 2010, 2011, or 2012.

I can think of about 20 places off the top of my head that have a much better cost of living, number of job opportunities, and more to do.
You can't trust CNN!!!!

I think it definately one of the top 3 Beaches on the East Coast. I prefer to live on the coast (all my life)
coastalbum

Old 08-27-2012, 11:49 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Wondering~ View Post
I'm a bit confused now, from all I've read it looked like there was lots to do by the boardwalk area. Then I stumbled upon a thread with a bunch of people saying how boring it is
Well I should say that I live Rhode Island....so in comparison maybe it won't be boring for me? There is soo little to do here lol
I know two people in this area from Rhode Island. I don't get any complaints My understanding is that the area is so much larger than metro areas in Rhode Island, it is a welcome change. Culturally, I don't know much about Rhode Island, but I would have expected a Rhode Island resident to look at areas in the Northeast before they seriously considered Hampton Roads, considering that the Northeast is a lot cheaper.

It really depends on what you're used to. If you're into the Northeast or the Mid-Atlantic this area is one of the smaller metro regions (maybe with the exception of Richmond), perhaps not as much to do, or not as exciting. But it is still a great place to live. The Peninsula seems to be more of the urban environment and more of the troubles of a city; towns are more densely populated, urban decay is much more profound, while the Southside is more suburban and laid back, with the exception of Norfolk and Portsmouth of course.

Only thing I've learned about this place, is that you have to see it for yourself rather than rely on what someone else tells you, because there are so many idiosyncrasies to this area no description will ever prepare you for what you find when you actually spend some time here. It definitely is not your typical urban environment, which for me is fun enough but if you're jaded you should probably move back to Atlanta/DC/Miami/New York/LA/Chicago/Detroit etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area