Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 9,369 times

Advertisements

In two months time I will be relocating to Virginia Beach and I would appreciate any information concerning apartments located in safe areas ,price range $800-$1000, 2bedroom and 2 baths.

I have been checking on St.Croix Apartments(great amenities), is it located in a safe area?

Any information will be highly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 05:16 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,949 times
MyNewPlace - Search apartments for rent and Earn Cash Back
Check out these

Old 08-11-2008, 08:44 AM

19 posts, read 84,060 times
FYI: A lot of folks don't know that there are a lot of privately owned townhouses and condos that are not advertised, but are listed on the Multiple Listing Service. Many are in your price range, and most have amenities similar to apartment complexes. They are through property management companies (I do not handle rentals, but I would be happy to answer any questions you might have). There are many websites that are windows to the MLS, mine included. If the idea of a townhouse or condo interests you, you can also find units on other sites where owners advertise directly. Happy hunting!

Old 01-05-2009, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 8,994 times
HI MY NAME IS LATOYA DAVIS AND I AM INTERESTED IN FINDING AN APARTMENT OR TOWNHOUSE THAT IS PRIVATELY OWNED IF YOU CAN HELP CALL 757-768-5558. THANK YOU
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVAlife View Post
FYI: A lot of folks don't know that there are a lot of privately owned townhouses and condos that are not advertised, but are listed on the Multiple Listing Service. Many are in your price range, and most have amenities similar to apartment complexes. They are through property management companies (I do not handle rentals, but I would be happy to answer any questions you might have). There are many websites that are windows to the MLS, mine included. If the idea of a townhouse or condo interests you, you can also find units on other sites where owners advertise directly. Happy hunting!

Old 01-06-2009, 04:59 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nguitina View Post
In two months time I will be relocating to Virginia Beach and I would appreciate any information concerning apartments located in safe areas ,price range $800-$1000, 2bedroom and 2 baths.

I have been checking on St.Croix Apartments(great amenities), is it located in a safe area?

Any information will be highly appreciated.
NO, I lived in that area for 20 years and remember when they first built St. Croix. That whole area has gone to hell since they allowed section 8 to rent. Even though the new places are being built, it will still be nothing but "a hood" until they get those people and their vandilizing brats outta there.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 6,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
NO, I lived in that area for 20 years and remember when they first built St. Croix. That whole area has gone to hell since they allowed section 8 to rent. Even though the new places are being built, it will still be nothing but "a hood" until they get those people and their vandilizing brats outta there.
Erma, the things that you are saying to this woman are very discriminatory and stereotypical!! Everyone that has section 8 aren't hood thugs! Why would you say something like that? Are you a prejudice woman? Yes, there are some people (including white people) that are ghetto and hood. But for you to say that the area has gone downhill because they started renting to section 8 tenants is ludacris! I really did not appreciate that statement at all! And for you to say that they need to get out and take the vandalizing brats with them, WOW! You need help!

Old 08-24-2012, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 4,432 times
Default looking for privately owned apartment/townhouse

How do you find privately owned apartments/townhouses in hampton roads. I subleases my apartment years ago and people who were staying there did not pay the rent and it messed my credit up in reference to apartment rentals. It is hard trying to rent now even if i explain my situation to the potential landlords they do not want to hear it( I had stayed at location for 12 years).

Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 AM

1,477 posts, read 6,016,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Campbell View Post
Erma, the things that you are saying to this woman are very discriminatory and stereotypical!! Everyone that has section 8 aren't hood thugs! Why would you say something like that? Are you a prejudice woman? Yes, there are some people (including white people) that are ghetto and hood. But for you to say that the area has gone downhill because they started renting to section 8 tenants is ludacris! I really did not appreciate that statement at all! And for you to say that they need to get out and take the vandalizing brats with them, WOW! You need help!
Welcome to the forum. First did you read the rules when you signed up? Maybe now would be a good time to read them ... You have the right to debate any post you would like but debate the post not the poster as you have did in your first post, and yes a mod has been notified of the post..

So feel to join in the discussion if you have some valuable information to share for the OP, but lose the attitude just because you dont agree with someone......

Me, yeah I also think the place is a rat hole along with most everything else along Newtown Road. I would look a little further east within Va Bch for apartments

Old 08-25-2012, 06:41 AM

42 posts, read 136,433 times
Erma was just trying to be helpful. That was her(?) take on the apartments and there is nothing wrong with what she said. She was simply stating an opinion.

I don't see anything discriminatory or stereotypical in her post. Let's be real here for a minute. Low income and high crime go together. This doesn't mean that everyone that is low income is a criminal, but in an area of poverty and low income, there is a correlation with high crime.

To the original poster: don't move there. Also, be mindful of the attitude that you're seeing on this thread. Because we're such a "diverse" region, it's typical to see logic and reason lose out to being politically correct.

If you're moving here for a job, I hope that you're moving from a desperate area. I would not recommend anyone not once local or being forced here by the military to relocate to anywhere in Hampton Roads. There is very little opportunity and the employers in the area know it, and exploit it any chance they get. Just look at our wages outside the government sector... they are extremely low in relation to the cost of living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area