Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 02:22 PM

260 posts, read 1,190,901 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone out there who has a good hair dresser in Va Beach??

I've had terrible luck finding just someone to give me a good hair cut.

I live in the Courthouse area of Va. Bch.. Just had haircut at Rumors on Gen. Booth and got an AWFUL cut and they wouldn't even fix it.

Suggestion please.... thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 02:46 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,862,622 times
When I lived in the area I went to a Salon called Dupre's in VA Beach of Pleasure House Rd. and they did a good job on my hair.....can't remember the name of the stylist but they all seemed to be good. Good luck.....I know how hard it is moving to a new area and trying to find a good stylist is hard. I just moved to a new city too and just found a salon and took a chance without word of mouth and it turned out okay.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:32 PM

98 posts, read 784,145 times
I went to wink at hilltop. In fact, there are quite a few hair salons over in hilltop.
I also heard that the Phoenix Day Spa has good stylists.
When I lived in Chesapeake I went to the LOOK day salon/spa and my stylist did a nice job. He since left the place though so I have not gone back.
Sorry you got a bad cut, I hope you can find someone to fix it!!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 09:26 AM

841 posts, read 4,838,833 times
I found a great hair stylist at Reed Manning (an Aveda salon) on W. Great Neck Road in Virginia Beach. Her name is Kelly. I shopped all over the place for two years until I found her. I drove over 40 minutes just to get my haircut by her...I lived in Chesapeake. It was definitely worth the drive. The ambiance is also nice. It overlooks a boat marina.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers19 View Post
I found a great hair stylist at Reed Manning (an Aveda salon) on W. Great Neck Road in Virginia Beach. Her name is Kelly. I shopped all over the place for two years until I found her. I drove over 40 minutes just to get my haircut by her...I lived in Chesapeake. It was definitely worth the drive. The ambiance is also nice. It overlooks a boat marina.

Oh , thank you so much for the advice.. Can't wait to check it out.

My hair is still messed up and SOO uneven due to last haircut that was really
expensive. They won't even fix it,, guess I wouldn't want them to after all
this.

Stear clear of Rumors - that's all I can say

Thanks again

Old 02-20-2008, 11:00 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,839 times
I drive all the way to Richmond and another girlfriend of mine does the same. We don't go to the same salon but we have been unable to find anyone in the area who does a great job. If you're interested I would be glad to let you know who I see and where I go, but it is a DRIVE! Good luck, I know how important it is to have your hair done right!

Old 02-22-2008, 02:32 PM

3 posts, read 24,556 times
I also live near the Courthouse Area. I have been going to the girls at Twisted Sister for about 10 years. I go to Theresa, tell her Edie Gehlert referred you. She is really great, I also went around the mill with bad hair cuts until I found her.

Good luck, she is so good she fills up quick her number is 631-6902

Old 02-23-2008, 06:48 AM

2 posts, read 22,233 times
Default Best Hair Salon in VB

If you want to go to the best salon. Go to Shear Trendz. Ryane is awesome!! Great cuts and color. 457-0043. All the girls are great. I have been to several upscale salons that are overpriced for what you get and with horrible customer service. You will love Shear Trendz.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusadermom View Post
If you want to go to the best salon. Go to Shear Trendz. Ryane is awesome!! Great cuts and color. 457-0043. All the girls are great. I have been to several upscale salons that are overpriced for what you get and with horrible customer service. You will love Shear Trendz.

Thanks for all the tips!!! - can't wait to try them out.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 18,949 times
try small talk on general booth blvd, near strawbridge. Its new and quiet and they do a good job, take their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darzz1 View Post
Is there anyone out there who has a good hair dresser in Va Beach??

I've had terrible luck finding just someone to give me a good hair cut.

I live in the Courthouse area of Va. Bch.. Just had haircut at Rumors on Gen. Booth and got an AWFUL cut and they wouldn't even fix it.

Suggestion please.... thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area