U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2013, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,713 times

Advertisements

Buyers beware of this company. I have had this company since April of 2012, I file a complaint to have service done at my home back in November. I called Sensible home Warranty, and they told me to call my own technician to have repairs done. That was a red flag for me, I knew then, this company was a rip off. However, I needed my repairs done, so I hired a technician to come out to make all necessary repairs. On Novemeber 6th I faxed my bill and services that were made to this company, the rep told me to email the underwriters team. She gave me some bogus email that did not work, which was another red flag. My repairs are done, but now I am getting the run around to get my refund of 455.00. I was told to wait 4-6 weeks for refund, I did that. once that was up, I called them once again about my refund, just for them to tell me the check will be mailed out on Janurary 11th 2013, expect 7 to 10 business days for delivery. No problem, waited 7 to 10 days nothing. Called today, for the representative to tell me they will mail my check out on February 1st 2013. This company is a fraud guys, please do not waste your money and energy with them. I am at the end of my rope here with this company. I have saved all my paper work, emails, names, that I have dealt with along the way. this has been a journey and back, as I am still waiting. I am looking to try and stop this company for further damages to other customers. Buyers please do your research before making any investments. This has been a lesson learned for me.

Last edited by tresej; 01-28-2013 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: typo's
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 04:24 PM

10,688 posts, read 6,588,023 times
Default Write the Virginia Insurance Dept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresej View Post
Buyers beware of this company. I have had this company since April of 2012, I file a complaint to have service done at my home back in November. I called Sensible home Warranty, and they told me to call my own technician to have repairs done. That was a red flag for me, I knew then, this company was a rip off. However, I needed my repairs done, so I hired a technician to come out to make all necessary repairs. On Novemeber 6th I faxed my bill and services that were made to this company, the rep told me to email the underwriters team. She gave me some bogus email that did not work, which was another red flag. My repairs are done, but now I am getting the run around to get my refund of 455.00. I was told to wait 4-6 weeks for refund, I did that. once that was up, I called them once again about my refund, just for them to tell me the check will be mailed out on Janurary 11th 2013, expect 7 to 10 business days for delivery. No problem, waited 7 to 10 days nothing. Called today, for the representative to tell me they will mail my check out on February 1st 2013. This company is a fraud guys, please do not waste your money and energy with them. I am at the end of my rope here with this company. I have saved all my paper work, emails, names, that I have dealt with along the way. this has been a journey and back, as I am still waiting. I am looking to try and stop this company for further damages to other customers. Buyers please do your research before making any investments. This has been a lesson learned for me.
Tres, you need to report this to the Virginia Insurance Department. The last year I was employed in the insurance industry in 2001 (I was an underwriter, product development, ratemaker, and compliance officer for 30 years in the insurance industry) I worked as a product development researcher in the home warranty division of AON Corporation. Virginia was one of the few states that had at least a modicum of regulation concerning home warranties. Most states have little or no such regulation.

The insurance department has a complaint department. You need to provide them with all the information, dates, preferably the policy number and ask them for a response. Put it all in writing and send it registered mail to the insurance department (that will move it up in the stack of letters on someone's desk) and send a non-certified copy of the letter to Sensible Home Warranty. Make sure that at the bottom of your letter you note cc: Sensible Home Warranty so that the insurance department will know you have put the warranty company on notice. If the company is not registered or has not filed its warranties with the state, the insurance department will be on them like white on rice.

It may or may not speed up your settlement, but it will put the State on notice that they have a problem company and they will then be on the outlook for other developments. It's even possible that they would send an examiner to the company.

Good luck.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,598 times
Default Shw

My experience started last week when my dishwasher broke. I was told that a tech would call me within 48 hours. No call. Called back, they said the tech they assigned did not work in my area, so they assigned a new tech. No call. On Friday, I called and after the same BS, I asked to talk to someone in the US. They said they were in Nevada, but she was Fillipino. Seems that all the Fillipinos in Nevada work at their call center. I told her I wanted to speak to a supervisor and I would wait. After 5 min, was told "ALL" supervisors were busy helping other customers and one would call me back. No call.
Today (Monday), I called again. After the same script was read to me by a Fillipino in Nevada, I told her I wanted to talk to a supervisor. She said there wasn't one in the building yet. I'm sorry their employees can't get to work on time, but I would wait on the phone until some one came in. 3 min later, a supervisor.
I told him that I was tired of the BS and that my next call would be to the Texas Insurance Board and then the Attorney General of Texas. He said he'd get some one right away. I did reiterate to him before we hung up that I would not be calling Sensible Home Warranty back, but my first call tomorrow will be to the Texas Insurance Board and then the Attorney General.
Started doing some research. Found that Washington State ran them out last year.
[FONT=&quot][URL]//www.city-data.com/forum/north-carolina/1251606-anyone-done-business-sensible-home-warranty.html[/URL][/FONT]

According to Washington, the Nevada address is a front, and the real address is:
1724 E 12th St
Brooklyn, NY 11223

My advice to anyone who has problems with an "insurance" company is to tell them that you are going straight to the governing entity in your state to file a complaint and also the attorney general's office. I've used this effectively in the past.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,475 times
WARNING - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I am a property manager familiar with all home warranty companies in Central Florida. Sensible Home Warranty is a hoax and not a single claim has ever been serviced, a refund issued, nor is there a way to contact anyone other than a call room center in India and another in Nevada. PLEASE spare yourself, tenants and the property the misery this company will cause you. Call your credit card company and tell them to dispute the payment to try to get back your money. All of you who have been taken should put a class action suit together and put this company out of business.

Last edited by Homesuite; 05-01-2013 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area