Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 09:26 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,075,290 times

Advertisements

I see where a Dave & Buster's is going to open for business tomorrow in Lynnhaven Mall. Do any of you think you'll check it out?

It's supposed to be huge inside! The only one I've ever been to was in Houston, Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 12:09 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
I was at the mall today, and the doors were open, and people were inside. I'm not sure what was going on, but I could see the employees inside. It's by Dicks.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:32 PM

My grandson is one of the employees. Today is their 'sneak peek' where employees were able to invite guests to see what it's like.

Tomorrow is the opening day, but I'm not sure what time. I think they open at 11am.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:58 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,834 times
Time will tell what kind of crowds will hang out there...I've been to many D&Bs...Some have a lot of college students which makes it fun while others just have a bunch of drunks at the bar...Either way, it's a great first date idea...Go there, play some games over a couple of beers then head on over to the oceanfront boardwalk.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:23 PM

82 posts, read 167,339 times
Went there a couple nights ago. Personally... I wasn't impressed.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:35 AM

I haven't been to the one here yet. The only one I've ever been to was the one in Houston and it was fun!

Old 08-01-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Daddy View Post
Went there a couple nights ago. Personally... I wasn't impressed.

Elaborate

Old 08-02-2013, 09:05 PM

82 posts, read 167,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
Elaborate
No problem. As soon as we went in, we went to the right and sat at a bench table over near the two billiards tables. There, we had a great view of the biggest 3 projection screens in the place. A waitress soon came up and took our orders for drinks to get started as we looked at the menus. There were 4 adults and a 7 year old in our party. I ordered a water, my wife a beer, 2 more beers for the other couple, and a shake for the kid.

20 minutes later...our drinks arrived and we ordered our appetizers. An order of cheese covered nachos and an order of mozzarella sticks. The waitress quickly left before we could ask her for napkins and a straw for the kids shake. We flagged her down and she brought a straw but forgot the napkins for our drinks.

Another 30 minutes goes by and she comes out with our appetizers. No napkins. So we asked for some. She forgot about us. We called over another waitress and asked for some napkins and dinnerware. She brought us over some cocktail napkins for our glasses and I guess she expected us to use them as dinner napkins as well. By then...we were disgusted and decided not to order anymore from that area. We got our check. $50!!!! So we pay it and leave a very small tip. We are usually big tippers.

So we move over just outside the bar area in a bench setting near that shark harpoon game. We got a super waitress/server and we ordered. Soon after...a manager came over and told us he had heard of the problem we had over on the other side. He said that waitress was in the wrong in every way. We said "maybe she just needs some better training...she was nice enough" and that we did not want the girl to be in any trouble. However we "didn't feel what we received was worth anywhere near $50" and we made that known.

The manager then offered us $50 in game cards. Five $10 cards. He did this because "he could not refund cash payments" and said it was all he could do. Well...my wife and I don't play games. We gave ours to the kid.

Will I be going back there? I highly doubt it....unless business calls.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:02 AM

Thanks for the review. D&B's food has never been it's strong point. If it were me, I'd give them a pass on the bad waitstaff as they're both new and the fact the manager actually seeked you out and basically gave you a refund in store credit. Even if you couldn't use the GC, you could give them out as gifts or sell them on ebay and probably get 80-90% back. I eat out a lot and always have my worst experience with brand new places who seems to take a chance by hiring a brand new waitstaff personnel with zero experience. You need attention to detail, ability to multi task and the ability to handle pressure to be a good waiter/waitress and many could never do all that even if they had the world's best trainer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area