Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 07:32 AM

35 posts, read 82,343 times

Advertisements

Looking for an apt, 950 or lower with wd hook ups that is not in bad areas or rundown in va beach. Are there certain ones that a lot of military live in? I've done lots of research and it seems a lot of these places have great pictures, but when looking at apt ratings they are horrible. Most say bug problems, bad area, or run down. Help would be greatly appreciated! I have a really bad fear of roaches.

They have to take dogs! I have 2 and one will probably be 60 to 70 lbs.

Preferred one bedroom. 2 is okay as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 08:29 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,734,733 times
I lived in Emerald Point and remember that they accepted really big dogs. When I lived there, the reviews were bad, but I never had a problem where I lived. Maintenance was quick and the management staff was friendly. When we moved out, our only move out charge was $25.00 because my roommate didn't clean out her half of the fridge. I thought it was going to be a lot worse! Lots of jet noise though.

When I lived there, it was 2BR for $799 and a $35/mo pet fee. Parking was good.

Was it the best place I lived? Probably not, but it was reasonably priced, in a nice area, and I liked being able to walk to Kelly's. LOL! I just remember most people there with big dogs told me it was difficult to find a place that didn't have a weight restriction.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:50 AM

35 posts, read 82,343 times
How long ago was it that you lived there?
I don't mind jet noise. And I don't mind some ghettoness, but while I live in Florida the ghetto here may be completely different up there.

Did you by chance see any dogs that looked like pitbulls?

Old 09-13-2013, 09:57 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,734,733 times
I saw some dogs that looked like pitbulls. Honestly, they never did an inspection for our pets (a dog/cat) so they wouldn't have known what they were! Maintenance also seemed like they didn't talk to the office either (the cat wasn't on the lease so you think they might have been like "ummm, there are extra pets here....") I don't know if pitbulls are explicitly not allowed. They might have been, but that doesn't mean they weren't there with people saying their dog was a "mutt".

I lived there 2011-2012. I wouldn't really call it ghetto... some patches of the apartments were better than others, but I walked out at night all the time and nothing bothered me.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:24 AM

41 posts, read 79,172 times
South Beach, near the oceanfront, does not have breed restrictions and they are very nice...even gated. Not sure about your $950 budget though.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:54 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,450,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaelie View Post
Looking for an apt, 950 or lower with wd hook ups that is not in bad areas or rundown in va beach. Are there certain ones that a lot of military live in? I've done lots of research and it seems a lot of these places have great pictures, but when looking at apt ratings they are horrible. Most say bug problems, bad area, or run down. Help would be greatly appreciated! I have a really bad fear of roaches.

They have to take dogs! I have 2 and one will probably be 60 to 70 lbs.

Preferred one bedroom. 2 is okay as well.

It really depends on what you're accoustomed to. A "good" place in Virginia Beach is more like $1,000, or $1,300 a month.

Older real estate in Virginia Beach from say the 40s through the 70s is probably ran down due to the sheer age of the place, and that happens with complexes in good or bad neighborhoods.

If you want newer but affordable rentals you may want to look at Chesapeake. The city is younger and the apartment complexes are not as old.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:14 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,120 times
North Beach Apartments on Shore Drive in VB , near chick's beach and I 64 are very nice. I lived there for 3 years. I don't know about them accepting dogs or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area