Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2013, 12:37 PM

19 posts, read 39,940 times

Advertisements

Hi all-

Currently living in a north Atlanta suburb and my hubbie and I are looking to move to one of these areas next year. We have a 9 year old at home and we are looking for good school districts only. Houses less than $450,000 and close to the beach would be great (although not a must). Any ideas for neighborhoods to look at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 02:22 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,986 times
I grew up there, but others that live there can give you really current info. From what you said for good schools and less than 450K close to beach , look at Great Neck area, Little Neck area in Va. Beach, Lynnhaven Colony, Hilltop, and I know Chesapeake (30 minutes from beach) has good schools to in Great Bridge or Greenbrier, but others that are living there now have more knowledge.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:43 PM

4 posts, read 5,929 times
Default Hi - info on area

Hi,

I live in Virginia Beach, been here since '99 and know the area/schools very well. I am a real estate agent, and would love to send you information and assist in your search. Let me know if you are interested, and I can forward my information (website where you can look at listings, contact info, etc). Are you looking to visit the area anytime soon?

Regarding ideas, both Chesapeake and Va. Beach have a lot of offer, and have some excellent school districts. You can find some really nice homes in Va. Beach at that price point, and I would start there if you want to be close to the beach. There are some very nice established neighborhoods as well as some new construction options as well. Again, I would love to get an opportunity to work with you and help you in your search.

Good luck, and I hope to hear from you!

Regards,

Michael Reilly
Shaffer Realty
Virginia Beach, Va.
msreilly8681@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by psellazzo View Post
Hi all-

Currently living in a north Atlanta suburb and my hubbie and I are looking to move to one of these areas next year. We have a 9 year old at home and we are looking for good school districts only. Houses less than $450,000 and close to the beach would be great (although not a must). Any ideas for neighborhoods to look at?

Old 11-13-2013, 05:12 AM

179 posts, read 489,642 times
Both cities have good areas for families. Virginia Beach is more crowded with a bit more of a suburban feel to it. It is very spread out but has pretty much anything you need there. Chesapeake can be either suburban or very rural depending on what you are looking for.

Check out Great Schools to see about individual schools in the areas you are looking for.

In Chesapeake, the school zones that have the higher scores are Grassfield, Hickory, and Great Bridge. In those three you can find a huge range of homes in your price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area