Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 05:44 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,619,477 times

Advertisements

Cordish released some concept renderings for Waterside. Be interesting to see how this goes, it makes me sad to see what waterside looks like now so hopefully it can make a comeback.

Ideas unveiled for look and feel of Waterside Live | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 08:24 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,445,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UHgrad View Post
Cordish released some concept renderings for Waterside. Be interesting to see how this goes, it makes me sad to see what waterside looks like now so hopefully it can make a comeback.

Ideas unveiled for look and feel of Waterside Live | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com
I really like it. But to be fair anything is better than what is going on now. Although I sort of like the campy eighties "Xanadu" look of it now.

Anything that can actually work. My impression is that mismanagement is what killed Waterside, not the aesthetic.

Some cities are more accomplished and sophisticated at these types of operations. Norfolk should have brought on consultants that were familiar with how a project like Waterside works in other cities. Now they find themselves in this position. Where is the money coming from for this project?

Old 03-19-2014, 11:24 AM

6,416 posts, read 1,426,740 times
This would be awesome! I used to go down to waterside weekend evenings for live music back when I lived in Va. Beach. It was awesome. They had some good bands!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area