Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 02:23 PM

19 posts, read 39,940 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Wiliamsburg this summer and I would like to know about boys youth lacrosse. My son is 9 and is very active in lacrosse in the North Atlanta area. We are in an excellent high school feeder program now, but I don't think the high schools in WB have lacrosse. Or do they and I am missing it? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 09:19 AM

1,812 posts, read 4,222,175 times
Check this website: Williamsburg Warriors Lacrosse > Home

The Virginia High School League may be able to tell you if any public schools in the area have lacrosse.
VHSL - Home Page

Good luck.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:29 PM

30 posts, read 45,036 times
I'd be shocked if they didn't, swimming is a really big deal, but I would bet they have lacrosse. Did you check with the PTA in his designated school? The PTA president will know, they always do .

I need to find piano lessons so let me know if you get a line on that!

Old 03-23-2014, 01:31 AM

387 posts, read 352,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psellazzo View Post
We are moving to Wiliamsburg this summer and I would like to know about boys youth lacrosse. My son is 9 and is very active in lacrosse in the North Atlanta area. We are in an excellent high school feeder program now, but I don't think the high schools in WB have lacrosse. Or do they and I am missing it? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
I am pretty sure the Williamsburg high schools do not have lacrosse unfortunately. What Hampton Roads does have however is a "league" that seems give kids who do not have a school team to still be able to play and develop (I am a huge lacrosse fan, especially since I grew up in Syracuse).

HRLax League

Actually, it looks like the Williamsburg Warriors link you were given earlier and the HR Lax link are related. Looks like they have U9, U11, U13, & U15 age groups (and then High School age lax after). I am not sure how it compares to the schools down there as far as the Lax programs, but I would bet that the Lax programs here in Williamsburg / Hampton Roads will be great for your son.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:48 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,977,837 times
My two sons have played for both the Williamsburg Warriors ( HRLAX) and now play for the Williamsburg Royals. ( HRLAX High School team) The Royals players come from the three high schools in Williamsburg. Practice is at Warhill ( Near WISC) . Games and practice are during the week after school. No weekend play. ( YEA) Games are typically played both at Warhill and Yorktown Sports complex. So not a lot of travel. The team was formed last year and plays the club teams of other Hampton Roads High Schools schools like First Colonial , Maury, York , Princess Anne, etc. . There is a JV team and a Varsity Team.

As of this year there are also club teams at the middle schools in James City County/ Williamsburg

There is also another team called the Blue Warriors that is a travel team for serious players. They travel quite a bit across the state to play other top level teams. It was a but too much for us so we opted for the HRLAX route.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:09 PM

19 posts, read 39,940 times
Thank you that is great info. I appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area